Lead Software Engineer
Lead Software Engineer | Flux | San Francisco Bay Area
Lead Software Engineer
$100k – $126k • 0.1% – 2.0%
We are breaking down barriers to electric vehicle adoption and we need you (yes, you!). Our mission at Flux is to make EVs practical and affordable for anyone who needs reliable, cost-effective transportation. We are in need of a full-stack software engineer who can lead the build of an end-to-end EV leasing platform. From customer education to online ordering and pay-by-the-mile billing, our solution needs to seamlessly incorporate consumer engagement, account management, and vehicle telematics.
Ideally, you have consumer-facing fintech and/or auto experience. You will be tasked with making executive technology decisions on behalf of the company and work directly with the CEO (me, the job poster) to align the company vision with its technological needs. You should be a strategic thinker, an effective communicator, and an expert in software development. For the right candidate, this could become a founding CTO position.
- Execute a vision for a seamless customer lifecycle experience, starting at vehicle selection and ordering through to bill pay and customer service
- Prioritize data fidelity and IT security
- Ensure that technological resources meet the company’s short and long-term needs
- Create timelines for the development and deployment of all technological services
- Make executive decisions on behalf of the company’s technological requirements
- Act as a mentor to team members
- Maintain a consumer-focused mindset
- Manage technology budgets
- Stay on top of technology trends and developments
- Ensure all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards
- 8+ years working in a software development role
- 3+ years of managerial experience
- Consumer fintech and/or automotive experience
- Demonstrated history of success delivering MVP product
- Exceptional process management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to delegate efficiently
We welcome and celebrate talent from all backgrounds, perspectives, and walks of life to foster an innovative and diverse workforce. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every qualification. If you like to do things differently, improve people’s lives, and fight against climate change, perhaps Flux is the place for you?
We are a team of electric vehicle and clean energy evangelists who have set out to do things differently when it comes to EV adoption. The EVs of today are better and more affordable than many of the gas cars on sale. So why is it that when 70% of the population says they’re interested in EVs less than 3% of all purchases are actually electric? We’re out to change that with innovative customer acquisition and financing solutions.