Lead Project Manager at Axiom Cloud
Lead Project Manager | Axiom Cloud | Oakland, CA
Axiom Cloud is at a critical moment: our customers include 5 major North American grocery chains, and we are on track to deploy our solution at our 100th customer site in the coming months. We are simultaneously building out the tools and processes to: (1) accelerate the number of deployments per month, and (2) support ongoing operations for an increasingly large fleet of deployed sites.
Historically, our engineering team has operated as a single unit to develop our products, deploy them, and operate them on an ongoing basis. In Q2, we are creating a separate “Customer Success” team for the first time to manage deployments, ongoing operation, and ongoing reporting to customers.
We are looking for a Lead Project Manager who can become the founding member of our Customer Success team and position the company for its next stage of growth. This person will report directly to the CTO, and the position is fully remote (hours that largely align with Pacific Time are expected).
What You’ll Do
During your first 6-12 months, you will be responsible for managing the deployment and operation of Axiom’s products at customer sites. Responsibilities:
- Ongoing operation of Axiom apps at customer sites:
- Monitor ongoing operation of Axiom products at customer sites, including manual reviews of software-generated anomalies and insights as necessary
- Lead monthly reporting for each customer account, which includes engineering, data science, and financial analyses (using existing tools)
- Develop standard operating procedures (checklists) and tools to help streamline deployments and ongoing operations
- Deployments of Axiom apps at new customer sites:
- Complete software configuration, testing, and validation for new customer sites
- Manage onsite network connections for new customers (working with the engineering team to navigate customer IT/security requirements as necessary)
- Manage hardware inventory, coordinate factory acceptance testing and validation of hardware as necessary
- Manage and train installation contractors to ensure seamless deployments
- Ensure that customer communication and training is seamless
- Develop documentation to help customers, contractors, and team members answer common questions and solve common problems
- Participate in cross-functional meetings with product development engineers to improve Axiom’s products, enhance scalability and operations, and inform the design of future products
After your first 9-12 months, you will ALSO be responsible for helping to develop the Customer Success organization within Axiom Cloud. Potential future responsibilities:
- Train, manage, and mentor multiple members of the customer success team (e.g., project managers, technical support representatives, engineers, etc.)
- Participate in weekly management team meetings as a representative of the Customer Success team
- Develop scalable reporting and escalation processes for customer concerns
- Manage relationships with key customer accounts, coordinate with the sales team to deepen customer relationships and negotiate follow-on contracts
Who You Are
(a general guide – we can bend these rules for an incredible candidate!)
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- 3+ years of experience in any role that requires strong organizational skills, team leadership, and attention to detail (e.g., construction project management, product management, program management, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience leading entire projects from beginning to end
- Engineering degree required
- Strong technical background
- Solid experience with scripting / modeling (eg, complex Excel analysis, business intelligence tooling, and/or low-code automation; python a plus)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Creative problem-solving and the ability to work with ambiguity
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to listen and communicate with empathy
- Passionate about technology innovation, product development, company-building, environmental impact, energy, and/or climate tech
- Alignment with Axiom Cloud’s guiding principles (you will be asked to provide examples of how you embody these principles during interviews)
- Experience with field deployments or repairs (software or hardware)
Bonus skills/technologies (optional):
- Basic knowledge of networking and network security
- Basic knowledge of Python or other programming languages
- Comfortable working with a command line interface
- Understanding of the refrigeration cycle
What You Will Get
- Compensation in competitive base salary and equity.
- “Honor system” PTO policy (no specified limits), flexible work schedule, flexible maternity/paternity leave.
- Numerous social activities including team happy hours, barbecues, holiday parties, and an annual Halloween costume competition. NOTE: we will resume in-person events in the Bay Area when it is safe to do so.
The Fine Print
- We’re a startup. The work is demanding, but we’ll make every effort to find an arrangement that works.
- Occasional on-call rotation.
Play this game for 15 minutes to help us better understand your strengths! https://play.scoutible.com/axiomcloud
Axiom Cloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity, to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.