Lead Energy Analytics Developer – Optimization | Ascend Analytics | Boulder, CO or Remote within U.S.
We are looking for a Lead Energy Analytics Developer – Optimization with a strong commitment to energy system modeling to join our team in Boulder, CO (remote work possible from other locations). You will provide subject matter expertise and thought leadership in energy optimization, and will be responsible for advancing software solutions and analytics to support the clean-tech power revolution. Your strong analytical skills and ability to develop innovative problem-solving solutions will support mission critical decision analytics for renewable and battery storage power providers around the globe.
Ascend Analytics is an innovative “climate tech” software and consulting company focused on energy analytics that are transforming the electric grid to renewables. Ascend’s solutions provide the analytics to support critical power supply decisions from operating strategies over the next hour, to hedging and budgeting decisions over the next five years, to long-term investment and resource planning decisions over the next thirty years.
Solve complex analytic problems to make mission critical decisions for energy supply by:
- Providing thought leadership on optimization
- Technical leadership and mentorship of optimization developers
- Translating requirements into model formulation
- Implementing forecasting and optimization models for operation and valuation of renewable resources and battery storage
- Develop both prototype models and production software
- Supporting existing commercial software and production systems
- Optimization techniques including: Computational stochastic optimization, decision making under uncertainty, statistical learning, algorithms in statistics and finance applications, stochastic search, simulating high penetrations of wind and solar energy, optimizing generation under uncertainty, unit dispatch and transmission modeling, modeling of hydroelectric storage systems, and planning and control of electric battery storage.