LCA/EPD SERVICES MANAGER | Climate Earth | Eastern US/Flexible
Climate Earth Inc. (www.climateearth.com), is a fast growing and innovative provider of cloud-based applications that automate life cycle assessment and the creation of all digital environmental product declarations to serve the growing demand for low carbon construction materials. The company is the leading provider of concrete EPDs in North America, with over 31,000 EPDs generated. We are expanding globally with new European customers operational in Q1 of 2022.
The company’s CarbonCLARITYTM Suite is the first and only suite of all digital applications designed to ensure that concrete producers lead the market in low carbon construction. It is being used by over 300 concrete and block plants across North America to accelerate low carbon product innovation and engage effectively with clients. You can see the CarbonCLARITYTM Suite in action at National Ready Mix. The CarbonCLARITYTM Suite currently includes the Ready Mix EPD Generator, Concrete Masonry EPD Generator, Project Builder, Concrete Designer and the EPD Analysis tool. Our sustainable supply chain offerings enable the worlds largest companies to evaluate, report, and develop strategies to reduce impacts.
Position Title: LCA and EPD Services Manager
Location: Flexible but prefer Eastern US or European time zone
Reports to: Vice President of EPD Services
A critical member of a small high-energy team, the LCA and EPD Services Manager is responsible for key customer relationships, leading complex life cycle assessment (LCA) projects and implementing our EPD (Environmental Product Declaration) GeneratorTM system. The LCA and EPD Services Manager will build
and preserve trusted customer relationships and using your strong relationship and consulting skills identify opportunities to better serve customers with additional or new applications.
To be successful as LCA and EPD Services Manager, you should possess proven experience with implementing complex corporate life cycle assessment projects and have excellent project management and communication skills.
LCA and EPD Services Manager Responsibilities:
- Building and maintaining profitable relationships with key customers.
- Implementing complex LCA and EPD projects, including building complex SimaPro models from the ground up. We prefer candidates who also have expertise in GABi and Open LCA. • Implementing EPD Generator system projects.
- Overseeing and building strong relationships with customers.
- Resolving customer complaints quickly and efficiently.
- Keeping customers updated on the latest products to increase sales.
- Understanding key customer individual needs and addressing these.
LCA/EPD Services Manager Requirements:
- A Bachelor of Science or master’s degree in engineering, science, mathematics or other technical field.
- Demonstrated expertise in all relevant ISO, and PCR documentation to include ISO 14040, 14044, 14025, 21930 and multiple construction PCRs.
- A minimum of 5 years’ corporate LCA experience.
- Proven ability to build complex LCA models in the latest versions of SimaPro, OpenLCA and/or GABi software.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A team player with strong leadership and customer relationship skills.
- Fluent in English plus one or more of the following languages: Spanish/French/German.
We are growing and we want you to be an integral part of our growth. You are excited by and willing to learn as you take on added responsibility including new technical and managerial roles.
Working closely with the Vice President of EPD Services, you will be responsible for selected major account relationships and will also manage some of our most complex LCA projects. Day to day you will be managing multiple LCA projects and EPD Generator implementations while simultaneously maintaining critical business relationships. The LCA and EPD Services Manager will be expected to participate in and ultimately lead all CarbonCLARTYTM Suite software projects.
This position requires strong customer relationship and project management skills and is also a hands-on technical position, requiring a critical eye for details and a big picture perspective. You will be responsible for the success of some of our largest customers with little direct day to day oversight. The successful candidate must be a team player, skilled time manager and negotiator, obsessive planner, strategic thinker, and skilled writer who is self-motivated, creative, confident, hardworking, and enthusiastic.
Location and environment:
- While location is flexible, we prefer candidates located within the US Eastern or European time zones
- If remote you will be working from a home office or coworking space
Health and Retirement Benefits:
Climate Earth offers both retirement and healthcare benefits for US based employees.
We off a 401K Retirement Plan and a Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA): The HRA provides tax-free reimbursement of qualified medical expenses including insurance premiums, co-pays, deductibles, eye care, dental care, or any other qualified healthcare expense.
Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Note that we do not accept phone calls, drop-ins, or hard copies.