LCA/EPD PROJECT MANAGER | Climate Earth | Eastern US/Flexible
Climate Earth Inc. (www.climateearth.com), is a fast growing and innovative provider of cloud-based applications that automate life cycle assessment and the creation of all digital environmental product declarations. Our products serve the growing demand for low carbon construction materials. The company is the leading provider of concrete EPDs in North America, with over 31,000 EPDs generated. We are expanding globally with new European customers operational in Q1 of 2022.
The company’s CarbonCLARITYTM Suite is the first and only suite of all digital applications designed to ensure that concrete producers lead the market in low carbon construction. It is being used by over 300 concrete and block plants across North America to accelerate low carbon product innovation and engage effectively with clients. You can see the CarbonCLARITYTM Suite in action at National Ready Mix. The CarbonCLARITYTM Suite currently includes the Ready Mix EPD Generator, Concrete Masonry EPD Generator, Project Builder, Concrete Designer and the EPD Analysis tool. Our sustainable supply chain offerings enable the worlds largest companies to evaluate, report, and develop strategies to reduce impacts.
Position Title: Life Cycle Assessment Project Manager
Location: Flexible but prefer Eastern US or European time zone
Reports to: Vice President of EPD Services
A critical member of a small high-energy team, the Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) Project Manager is initially responsible for implementing EPD Generator life cycle assessment projects. We are growing and we want you to be an integral part of our growth. You are excited by and willing to learn as you take on added responsibility including new technical and managerial roles.
Working closely with the Vice President of EPD Services, this position is accountable for managing all aspects of implementation of our EPD Generator system. This includes managing the customer through the data collection phase, writing the LCA report, obtaining third party verification of initial EPDs, deploying the EPD Generator software, and training the customer on the use of the EPD Generator. The LCA Project Manager establishes and manages milestones, action items, and identifies challenges in accomplishing goals and objectives. Initially focused on EPD Generator LCA projects the project manager will be expected to participate in and ultimately lead other custom LCA projects and to learn and represent all CarbonCLARTYTM Suite software.
This is a hands-on position, requiring a critical eye for details and a big picture perspective. You will be working with large and smaller customers ultimately with little direct day to day oversight and 100% responsibility for the success of every EPD Generator customer. The successful candidate must be a team player, skilled time manager and negotiator, obsessive planner, strategic thinker, and skilled writer who is self-motivated, creative, confident, hardworking and enthusiastic.
- Organize and lead regular customer project meetings
- Clearly communicate objectives, timelines, project status, on a regular and consistent basis. • Motivate clients and problem solve ‘on the fly’ Provide LCA professional guidance to clients to ensure projects stay on track.
- Become an expert user of Climate Earth Console and customer management software • Clearly identify issues and upgrades to the Climate Earth software
- Responsibly escalate to the Vice President of EPD Services when required
- Develop and apply expertise in all relevant ISO, and PCR documentation to include ISO 14040, 14044, 14025, 21930 and the ready mix, block and precast PCRs.
- Two to five years of demonstrated LCA expertise
- Three years product manufacturing experience
- Knowledgeable and demonstrated expertise in SimaPro
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering degree
- Excellent communication skills with a customer service orientation and good listening skills • Demonstrated success in project management and customer care
- Team player who possesses strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills – must be able to remain calm in deadline-driven, high pressure environments
- Creative problem-solver with ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with sense of humor and positive, can-do professional demeanor who requires little hand holding
- Ability to travel 10-15% to facilitate project success as required
- Fluent in English plus one or more of the following languages: Spanish/French/German.
Location and environment:
- While location is flexible, we prefer candidates located within the US Eastern or European time zones
- If remote you will be working from a home office or coworking space
Health and Retirement Benefits:
Climate Earth offers both retirement and healthcare benefits for US based employees.
We off a 401K Retirement Plan and a Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA): The HRA provides tax-free reimbursement of qualified medical expenses including insurance premiums, co-pays, deductibles, eye care, dental care, or any other qualified healthcare expense.
Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Note that we do not accept phone calls, drop-ins, or hard copies.