Various positions | SB Energy | San Francisco Bay Area, CA/Denver, CO, Remote
Click the link to learn more and apply:
The Director of Market Commercialization and Trading Structure will play a key leadership role at SBE in building out our commercialization team by identifying key market trends, advising trading structures and strategies to optimize revenue, and cross-team collaboration. Individual is deeply curious and knowledgeable on energy markets, financial and hedge structures, risk mitigation, and solar and storage energy operations. Director has a deep background of wholesale, regulated, and deregulated markets.
- Work with SBE leadership team to create SBE roadmap for current and projected SBE portfolio for energy trading and hedge instrument strategy, along with associated data tools and platforms.
- Develop and support SBE’s strategies to energy trading and hedge structure in collaboration with Trading Desk, Power Marketing, and Asset Management team to manage market exposure optimize SBE portfolio revenue. These strategies and methods will look at energy volume, shape, basis, REC guarantees, and ancillary positions at both the project and portfolio-level.
- In near-term, support the short-term optimization strategies to maximize revenues and smooth cash flow volatility of SBE existing operating portfolio. Coordinate with Asset Management and Trading in the implementation of these optimization strategies and Finance on cash considerations and forecast.
- Lead quantitative analysis in the creation of statistical models and algorithms that will drive and optimize trading strategy and commercial decisions. This entails optimization modeling that incorporates forecasted congestion, assessing congestion drivers with Asset Management, and assisting in locational marginal pricing (LMP) assessments.
- Work closely with our data technology team to build out internal platform and data tools that leverage market data and statistical modeling to better enable decision making.
- Enable agreements for counterparty transactions (e.g. EEI).
- Evaluate and implement energy trading and risk management (ETRM) system.
- Support Power Marketing team in the design and structuring of innovative approaches to aggregating renewable and demand response solutions for industrial customers.
- Provide leadership with regular Quarterly and Monthly summaries of market trends, signals, and proposed positions based on relevant market rules.
- Work closely with Power Marketing and Development team in monitoring evolution of US markets as we make key development decisions.
- Develop business process documentation on SBE energy market and trading philosophies and decision and operational processes.
- Support SBE in building its capabilities, market access, and tools to provide 24-7 clean energy products direct to consumers.
- Partner with the Strategy and Investments on longer-term value add initiatives.
- Collaborate with risk team to create appropriate corporate risk policies that enable commercial operations
The Development Engineer will support the Development & Performance Engineering team to develop or acquire a portfolio of large-scale solar photovoltaic (“PV”) and energy storage solutions from project acquisition to the commencement of construction. This multi-faceted role will provide technical support for projects, including project technical due diligence, engineering, optimization, equipment evaluation and production modelling. The role will collaborate with Development, Procurement, and Investment teams to maximize project & company value.
- Develop preliminary layouts of utility-scale solar PV and energy storage projects and generate buildable area constraints through collaboration with internal and external teams.
- Optimize project design by using a working knowledge of module, inverter, racking, and battery energy storage system (“BESS”) specifications and design techniques.
- Support early-stage due diligence and engagements with external party engineering and environmental consultants.
- Contribute to the management of a development engineering budget.
- Generate engineering inputs for business development proposals.
- Perform PV production modelling and energy storage dispatch studies.
- Conduct site visits to support the project development and design.
- Contribute to technical evaluations of new and innovative technologies.