Various positions | First Solar | Perrysburg, OH, Trinity, AL, Tempe, AZ
Click the link to learn more and apply:
The key objective of this position is to oversee and continuously improve upon IT operations while maintaining production uptime. The Manufacturing Service Desk Supervisor is considered to be the face of IT to Manufacturing. This position manages second level support functions by working with a local and remote staff. The supervisor manages people, processes, and vendor partnerships, andl ensures that policies and procedures are executed properly. They also adhere to metrics on KPI’s set by management to provide baselines for meeting business targets. They are required to work with global team leaders to meet and exceed business support targets. They are expected to work with management and other support teams within First Solar to build a world class support organization.
The position includes 24/7 supervision of the manufacturing support team. This requires a flexible schedule as well as a strong focus on key business targets such as production safety, quality, uptime, and throughput. The supervisor is responsible for adhering to the existing global manufacturing service desk standards as well as documenting new processes and distributing globally. Also must ensure that all policies and procedures are executed properly by coordinating with vendors both on and off-site and collaborating with other manufacturing teams to maintain a secure, productive manufacturing environment.
- Design and execute tests and experiments to optimize laser processes.
- Plan, organize, and execute engineering experiment execution.
- Attention to detail and summarizing experimental data, monthly presentations with next steps/conclusions expected.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple tasks.
- This job requires some experience with optics, solid-state lasers, and familiarity with laser material interactions.
- Experience with data mining and analysis, preferred.
- Experience with material analysis is preferred.
- General electrical/electronic and mechanical knowledge.
- Able to troubleshoot and resolve problems on the manufacturing line.
- Assist with critical process development of laser systems and scribe parameters.
- Flexibility to work on weekends or around other tool downtimes is highly desired.
- Will be required to regularly present on progress made.
- This is a 2nd shift position with work hours from 2pm to 10pm.
- Assure compliance and minimize risk related to import and export activities in the US.
- Provide direction to First Solar personnel on regulatory matters as they relate to US import and export activities.
- Act as the primary point of contact for Trade Compliance activities conducted by First Solar Inc. before US Customs authorities.
- Interface with First Solar, Inc. divisions, wholly owned subsidiaries, factories, suppliers, brokers, and freight forwarders to ensure compliance to U.S. government import and export regulations.
- Ensure recordkeeping associated with import and export activities is in compliance with Customs Border Protection, Bureau of Industry and Security and Office of Foreign Assets Control regulations.
- Develop strong business relationships and strategic alliances supporting First Solar’s growth plan.
- Support global alignment within the Trade Compliance Department to ensure a holistic integration as the company expands.
- Manage CTPAT program.
- Manage Customs Brokers in the US.
- Manage the Export Compliance program in the US.
Manages the Process Engineering group. Leads process improvement projects required in the manufacturing areas of the plant. Responsible for the performance of the solar modules. Implements team building efforts in order to reach established goals and objectives.
The reliability engineer is responsible for ensuring that the product continuously meets or exceeds First Solar, customer, certification, and regulatory body expectations. Responsible to ensure that new process, suppliers, and designs complete the required First Solar qualification plan with acceptable results prior to release to customer production shipments, through a regimented approach of documentation, analysis and clear conclusions/recommendations related to the performance of the change. Responsible for assisting in the documentation and development of specific qualifications programs.