Innovation Lead, Public Sector
Innovation Lead, Public Sector | Populus | San Francisco (Remote Potential)
Are you passionate about accelerating the growth of safe, sustainable, and equitable streets in cities across the globe? As Innovation Lead, Public Sector, you’ll be joining a world-class team that is transforming the future of transportation in cities. We’re building a revolutionary platform that helps private operators (freight, ridehailing fleets, shared scooters, cars, bikes) collaborate with cities through better data. In just two years, our rapidly-growing platform has expanded to 70 cities globally, working with the world’s largest mobility companies.
Populus is rapidly expanding our suite of offerings to cities. You’ll be a core member of our sales and strategy team and will play a key role in establishing and building on relationships with the most innovative, top-tier cities around the world, designing and delivering value-based solutions for improved right-of-way management.
The role requires a good understanding of the public sector, strong analytical skills to bring together market data and customer needs to develop scalable products and business models for cities globally. The candidate will be a highly determined, self-motivated individual who fosters strong relationships and can navigate bureaucracy to get innovative projects off the ground.
About the Job
- Build and shape strategic, scalable partnerships with cities
- Control the full sales cycle from pipeline generation to closure This includes prospecting campaigns, driving the discovery process, forecasting, negotiating, and ultimately closing the deal.
- Dive deep to discover relevant pains with measurable metrics to position the value of Populus, ensuring potential for business alignment
- Keep CRM systems updated Challenge yourself in delivering outstanding results
- Participate in internal team meetings to collaborate with other leads on other products, resolve customer issues, share best practices, and work with cross functional teams
- Develop thought leadership pieces relevant to the challenges faced by cities
- Experience working with cities or government agencies, getting consensus on (often complex) business solutions, and generating revenue
- History of leading and exceeding revenue and relationship building targets
- Experience with CRM software and pipeline management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work in a collaborative, results-oriented environment
- Proven top performer (consistently exceeds targets)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and to learn quickly
- Desire to do meaningful, important work
- Strong passion and interest in transportation
- Comfort with ambiguity and willingness to take on new challenges
- Experience in start-up, high-growth companies and/or clearly articulated passion for entrepreneurial environments
Extra bonus points if you have:
- Experience or educational background in transportation
- Existing relationships with at least some the defined target accounts
Send us your resume or LinkedIn profile and a few words on why you’re the right person for this role + why you’d like to work on helping us solve big transportation problems.
At Populus, we’re helping cities and private mobility providers deliver safe, efficient, and equitable streets through better data. Our core platform, Populus Mobility Manager, integrates real-time data from multiple operators (shared bikes, scooters, and cars) for cities around the world. Founded by transportation PhDs from MIT and UC Berkeley, the Populus team combines over 30 years of experience building software for (and with) public agencies to plan for the future.
Populus is committed to creating a diverse environment. We encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech and transportation industries to apply.