Analyst, Infrastructure | GreenBiz | Oakland, CA
Are you passionate about the clean economy and the growing opportunities to make our physical and digital infrastructure more sustainable, resilient and equitable?
GreenBiz Group is currently seeking a part-time contractor to join our collaborative and committed team as lead Analyst for Infrastructure. The Analyst will work to develop a high-impact and holistic program for VERGE Infrastructure, new this year as one of the five concurrent conferences that take place as part of our flagship VERGE 21 event. This will involve identifying topics, recruiting speakers and coordinating sessions ahead of the event, which takes place October 25-28.
This is a half-time position that will begin in May and extend through VERGE in late October, with the potential to transition into full-time. The Analyst will report to the Vice President & Executive Director, VERGE.
In collaboration with the VERGE Executive Director:
- Develop and propose a framework for the 20-30 conference sessions that will comprise the VERGE Infrastructure program.
- Coordinate internally with GreenBiz’s Energy and Transportation Analysts, and externally with one or more contractors, to build sessions focused on where infrastructure intersects with energy, transportation, recycling, water and nature-based solutions.
- Work with the VERGE Infrastructure Advisory Board to synthesize key trends, technologies and players in the sustainable infrastructure space.
- Review and evaluate speaker proposals related to VERGE Infrastructure.
- Identify, recruit and spearhead coordination with content partners, moderators and speakers to develop conference sessions.
- Draft titles and descriptions for each conference session.
- Provide feedback on applications for the infrastructure component of the VERGE Accelerate startup pitch competition.
The Analyst will also have the opportunity to moderate sessions at the event, contribute to GreenBiz editorial and work with sales and marketing to recruit partner organizations and sponsors for the event.
- At least three years experience working in infrastructure or related industries.
- Excellent communicator with strong writing and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail with exceptional time management, organizational and multitasking skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance, demonstrating initiative, accountability and ownership of assigned tasks.
- Ability to work internally with colleagues across teams, including sales and marketing and externally with customers and partners outside of GreenBiz.
- An ambitious, creative personality, with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Quick thinking, learning and problem-solving capability.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Word, Excel and Google Apps (Drive, Sites, etc.).
- A proven professional or personal commitment to sustainability.
- Knowledge of GreenBiz and familiarity with our website, www.greenbiz.com.