Impact Associate | Nephila Climate | San Francisco or London
Nephila (www.nephila.com) is the largest catastrophe and climate insurance-linked securities (ILS) manager in the world with 10 billion dollars of capital. We were the first provider of alternative capital to the reinsurance market and the first to launch a climate risk strategy.
Nephila Climate, a division of Nephila, provides companies and institutions solutions to manage climate and weather-driven volatility and investors with returns which are uncorrelated with traditional financial markets and focused on weather, climate resilience and sustainability. The challenge for us as we look forward is to raise awareness around our product and expand the market for climate resilience investments.
We are seeking a talented, highly motivated, self-starter to join our Nephila Climate team as an Impact Associate to help us address this challenge. In this role, you will work directly with business and investment team members to develop our sustainable investment product offering to counterparties and investors.
We are a small team, and as such this individual will be able to make an immediate impact. This an incredible opportunity for an emerging talent to work on a broad set of problems and deliver solutions that take risks which are currently barriers to a more sustainable economy in order to accelerate the flow of private capital toward climate resilience and sustainability; all while looking for opportunities to disrupt and create barriers to entry, ultimately influencing the evolution of our strategy.
- Develop new marketing content and contribute to messaging and presentation development
- Responsible for impact reporting to investors
- Support management of business development partnerships including
- Manage key follow up tasks and information requests
- Join calls and responsible for follow up activities
- Travel with senior team members to meet partners and prospects
- Attend conferences and industry events to represent Nephila and develop new relationships
- Collaborate with other Nephila teams in support of key team activities
- Contribute to the firmwide ESG efforts
Our Ideal Candidate will be…
- a creative problem solver with strong critical thinking skills and an ability to look at problems from new and different angles;
- comfortable navigating ambiguity and change, and possess a natural curiosity;
- interested in driving innovation, both at Nephila Climate and in our industry;
- comfortable learning the climate insurance domain with an aptitude for in-depth product knowledge;
- self-motivated, results driven, and prefer working in a fast-paced dynamic environment;
- an excellent communicator, who can clearly and authentically convey a message.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Client facing experience strongly preferred – ideal candidate has a partnership mentality
- Financial services experience highly preferred, knowledge of alternatives helpful
- Experience in sustainable investing or consulting a plus
- Knowledge or experience in Impact reporting a plus
Nephila offers competitive compensation based on experience and qualifications in addition to an attractive benefits package, including employer-paid health insurance, 401k, daily in-office lunch, and fitness benefit.