Head of Marketing | Sofar Ocean | San Francisco, CA (Onsite)
Sofar is on a mission to connect the world’s oceans. We design, build, and deploy the largest privately owned network of marine weather sensors to power the world’s best marine weather forecasts. Our data helps our customers to increase efficiency and reduce emissions, delivering tools to governments and other stakeholders to understand impacts of climate change on extreme weather and ocean health. We live on Planet Ocean, and our goal is to create the ocean intelligence needed to ensure a sustainable future.
Sofar is building the first full-stack ocean intelligence platform to help solve some of the world’s hardest problems, and contribute to a more sustainable future. From an operational perspective that means that we combine advances in technology with ocean and atmospheric science to create data services and SaaS products for our customers. We are growing rapidly on all fronts, which brings increased operational complexities and challenges. To help accelerate the growth of the company we want to add a Head of Marketing to our team, to provide creative marketing leadership to the team and partner with the CEO and VP of Sales to set, align, and execute on the strategic vision for the organization. We are looking for an experienced marketing leader who combines a passion for building exceptional companies, with the ability to operate in a fast-moving highly technical environment infused with ocean and atmosphere science.
This role will work out of our Pier 28 headquarters in San Francisco.
- Lead marketing at Sofar in order to drive demand and build massive positive brand awareness.
- Manage a small team of in-house and contract marketing talent
- Deeply understand our customers to design and scale effective go-to-market strategies.
- Build a brand that inspires positive emotions with potential customers
- Build forecasts and projections that relate to the expected ROI on marketing campaigns, traffic and user acquisition, and other areas of marketing that require robust and rigid financial analysis
- Help craft and sustain KPIs that each functional area of the Marketing team needs to execute effectively within the context of the larger functional goals
- Build, lead, and mentor a high-performing and multi-disciplinary marketing organization.
- By facilitating, generating, organizing, planning, and seeing through to execution of all marketing ideas at Sofar, you will lead every aspect of Sofar’s marketing strategy