Head of Corporate Finance
Head of Corporate Finance | Swell Energy | Santa Monica, CA
Swell Energy is seeking a Head of Corporate Finance to oversee corporate financial aspects of business and drive the company’s financial strategy and planning. You will be responsible for assessing the financial performance of the company and building out budgets, metrics and forecasts as the company scales. Reporting to the CFO, this team member will be an integral member of the finance department.
They will be responsible for managing relations between Swell’s business units and ensuring that each department has the tools necessary to make decisions that ensure Swell’s growth and the long-term creation of enterprise value. Additionally, the Director of Finance will work with Swell’s capital markets and financial operations teams as Swell launches its financing products.
- Drive the financial planning of the company by assessing and evaluating financial performance of the company with regard to operational targets, budgets and forecasts
- Partner with key business unit leaders to help inform them of strategic planning via detailed understanding of all key parts of the development of the business Retain constant awareness of the company’s financial position and act to prevent problems by managing cash and liquidity
- Assist in corporate fundraising activities
- In conjunction with the Controller, oversee all audit and internal control operations
- Prepare and maintain timely and detailed reports on financial performance (monthly and annually), financial forecasts and operating budgets by department Assist in month end close to be able to review and analyze monthly financial results
- Lead from the finance perspective in the integration of software and financial accounting tools
- Preparation of financials in accordance to GAAP and lease accounting standards Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns Maintain banking relationships and strategic alliances
- Oversee weekly cash management and payments (approve large payables, sign checks, authorize large wires and ACHs)
- Represent Swell with the highest level of professionalism to investors, partners, and vendors
- Ideal candidate must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, results-oriented, and operate well in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Proven experience as director of finance or similar role (5+ years of experience) In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws and best practices
- Solid knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets and financial management software (NetSuite)
- Proven experience running complex financial models
- An analytical mind with a strategic ability
- The ability to work independently and multi-task
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
- Bachelors in accounting, finance or relevant field
- CPA / CFA or other relevant qualification is a plus
- Experience in the renewable energy space, investment banking, infrastructure, or power and utilities is a plus
Swell Energy, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Swell Energy, Inc. does not discriminate based on the following categories: race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 years and over), sexual orientation, veteran and/or military status, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, and any other status protected by state or federal law.
Job Type: Full-time