Head of Business Development
Head of Business Development | Dollaride | NYC
Dollaride is a mobility company for communities underserved by public transit. We provide digital tools that help commuters use informal transit (e.g. “dollar vans” in NYC) as a first/last-mile transportation solution. As a two-sided marketplace business, Dollaride also helps businesses and government agencies sponsor the creation of a transportation service for their communities.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re in search of an entrepreneurial, and curious sales leader to join the founding team as the Head of Business Development. Must have phenomenal communication, leadership, and presentation skills. We’re seeking a prolific networker, who can actively engage different people at an organization, including folks on the frontlines all the way up to the C-suite. To excel in the position, you should have direct sales experience, the ability to generate and qualify sales leads, and proven experience closing B2B deals/generating revenue. Former founders, account executives, partnership managers, and B2B marketers will find this role a natural progression in their careers. Overall, we’re searching for someone who is driven, resilient, and ready to build a sales department from the ground up!
Developing the processes and infrastructure to transform Dollaride into a Sales Learning Machine. In this role, you will lead our business development efforts, which begin with doing continuous customer discovery interviews, developing an early-stage Sales Playbook, and executing a repeatable sales process. You’ll frequently collaborate with the CEO, Head of Operations, Marketing Manager, and Product Manager to ensure that our offerings are aligned with the local market’s needs and expectations. You’ll represent the company externally when engaging prospects (i.e. potential clients, drivers, partners), and you will identify and pursue strategic partnerships that accelerate the business. Beyond developing strategy, you’ll quickly test, iterate, learn from mistakes, and scale whatever works.
- Conducting and pulling out key findings from customer discovery interviews with prospects & industry partners (100+ interviews across various customer segments).
- Crafting, testing, and executing an early BD & sales process.
- Setting up the crucial tools to support a replicable sales operation (i.e. marketing and sales material, CRM, prospect lists, lead generation tools, etc).
- Demonstrating and executing the sales process through your first 10 clients.
- Being the voice of B2B sales in all internal meetings.
- Developing a framework for scaling BD & Sales.
- Designing a hiring plan and onboarding new BD hires.
- Developing partnerships and innovative sales channels to drive revenue.
As a founding team member, you’ll have the opportunity to personally grow and influence a fast-paced tech startup in the challenging, yet exciting mobility space. You will also build and lead Dollaride’s sales department, and set new standards and procedures.
In this position, you’ll be encouraged to develop, create and execute a basic sales roadmap for the company. Previous B2B sales experience and performance is ideal. You should be familiar with what a well-oiled lead generation and a B2B sales process look like. And, we anticipate that your perspectives and past experience should guide how you would build a new sales process from scratch. We expect that you’ll use data and quantitative insights to support your decisions, and establish consensus across the company (when applicable).
Most importantly, you must have proven experience identifying legitimate B2B sales opportunities, generating sales revenue (especially deals valued at $50K/yr – $250K/yr), and delivering business value to others (i.e. happy customers, partnerships, revenue growth, etc).
- 5+ years of inside sales experience,
- Experience selling SaaS, Sponsorships, B2B services, or other high ACV products,
- Startup experience or comparable equivalents (i.e. entrepreneurs, community builders, campaign organizers, etc.),
- Demonstrated consistent achievement of sales goals and quotas,
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with customers, especially in politically complex environments (i.e. multiple partners with different interests),
- Positive attitude, intellectually curious and honest,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Interest in sustainability, mobility/transportation, logistics, or infrastructure,
- US citizen or permanent resident.
Compensation: Base + Bonuses = $120K OTE. Open to creating commission structure with unlimited upside as well.
Dollaride is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and committed to building a more inclusive ecosystem that integrates women, people of color, and other underrepresented groups into the cleantech sector. We strongly encourage applications from qualified applicants and members of underrepresented groups.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Send your resume and cover letter to Ops@Dollaride.com