Front End Software Engineer
Front End Software Engineer | Kevala
What You Will Be Doing
- Visualizing data of the US electric grid: real-time temporal data, geospatial maps, statistical analyses, and more.
- Collaborating with engineers to scale our platform by designing and implementing efficient solutions product features whilst providing constant feedback through pull requests
- Collaborating with Product and UX teams to generalize our platform, moving beyond bespoke solutions to implementing efficient and delightful ways of making sense of energy data
- Contributing to ongoing process and architectural improvements for the engineering org
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
What You Need To Succeed
- Experience in creating maps in web applications, using libraries such as Mapbox GL JS, Leaflet, or Google Maps
- Experience using development tools to identify and resolve performance bottlenecks
- Communication skills to facilitate nimbly moving between conversations with UX designers and API engineers
- Willingness to make minor tweaks across the full stack, in support of constant iteration in an agile framework
Who We Are
Our team is passionate about decarbonizing the electric grid. We are focused on solving the challenges facing energy market participants interacting with the evolving electricity grid. America’s aging electric system is facing rapid transformation from changing technology and proliferation of distributed energy resources. Kevala is providing data and analysis to accelerate smart investment in a world served by a more robust, environmentally sustainable, effective, and safe grid. The principle of creating a better future by mapping our mutual energy sources and systems is the foundation for everything we do.
We are an equal opportunity employer that believes a diverse team will not just lead to a better working environment but will also help us create better products and services.
Where Our Team Is Located
We embrace the virtual office and are continuing to grow our team across the United States.
Salary Range: $80,000-$145,000 (depending on experience and location)