Various positions | First Solar | Various locations
Click the link to learn more and apply below:
Assist in the installation and qualification of manufacturing equipment, troubleshoot day-to-day manufacturing issues, identify and/or implement system improvements that contribute to the achievement of throughput, yield and product performance goals.
Provides support, operations and maintenance service to R&D, manufacturing, power plants, corporate systems and office staff. This position requires a high degree of customer service, planning, technical expertise, and velocity to return the customer and/or supported systems to a working state. Provide enterprise escalation level assistance for a wide array of technical and procedural issues. Disciplined execution of established operations, maintenance processes and procedures. This position has very frequent interactions with customers and must be effective in interpersonal communications and problem solving using various verbal and written methods. Effective use of the established administration and support tools, processes and procedures to help achieve the department’s goal of being Operationally Excellent.
This role is responsible for developing a globally aligned warehouse strategy for the site and to drive a lean, efficient and optimized warehouse covering BOM, Spares, Consumables and Finished Goods. This includes driving efficient and cost-effective distributions of parts. The scope includes ensuring the overall performance of the warehouse and inventory control functions by driving continuous improvements, creating a culture of safety, and adhering to the warehouse budget.
The following is an entry level corporate controls position where a successful candidate will be required to support manufacturing operations, assist with equipment implementation/startup, development of electrical controls systems/designs, PLC/HMI programing, data collection and optimization of manufacturing processes control systems. This position directly supports a manufacturing site, the successful candidate will be assigned to AM shift is 6:00AM – 6:10PM. This results in a rotating 36/48-hour work week schedule, which includes working every other Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
The Shift Manager controls the plant floor, prioritizing resources to optimize safety, quality, and throughput. This position is ultimately responsible for all scheduling, system and process improvements, and labor management.
Implements the Environmental Health and Safety program ensuring compliance with EH&S and applicable regulatory standards.
The Control Engineering Sustaining Manager will be required to drive and manage automation scope on projects for the site and will also be responsible for providing daily operational automation support for existing equipment on the production floor.
A successful candidate will be required to manage, plan, and supervise the sustaining related activities for site controls systems to support manufacturing operations including:
- Operations management for the controls support organization in module manufacturing factory by managing MES Controls Engineers/Supervisors as direct reports and provide technical leadership and professional training development of all direct and indirect reports.
- Drive alignment and solution delivery for programs within the roadmap.
- Directs automation solutions involving data systems, shop floor processes, and manufacturing related software.
- Responsible for ensuring timely response to manufacturing tool automation issues as well as identifying and implementing proactive measures to minimize downtime and meet Controls System KPI.
- Project scope includes coordinating new equipment installation and implementation and new upgrade rollouts on existing equipment; may involve external vendors.
- Works in a dynamic, cross geo, innovation-oriented environment, prioritizing multiple projects simultaneously while building and developing a high performing team.
Supervises and leads assigned shift engineering and shift maintenance technicians in the repair and process control of module equipment to meet shift goals in terms of Safety, Quality, Yield, and Throughput, in a cost-efficient manner.