Various positions | First Solar | Perrysburg, OH, Trinity, AL
Click the link to learn more and apply:
Development Engineer III – Senior Characterization, Perrysburg, OH
- Perform material and device research to enhance thin film solar cell performance and stability and to reduce manufacturing cost.
- Responsible for projects or functions that are highly complex, require significant innovation and critical to department objectives.
- Develop and implement new methods and equipment to characterize the fundamentals of device physics and operation.
- Applies statistical and engineering methods to optimize organizational effectiveness. Improves methods for use by others.
Software Engineer III – MES, Perrysburg, OH
Evaluates, designs, and implements projects for controlling and interfacing with the manufacturing processes. This includes designing and developing related data visualization and user input systems, database structures, procedures, and reports. Works with the Manufacturing Enterprise Systems (MES) architects and controls engineers to ensure solutions integrate seamlessly with the MES hardware and software systems to support enterprise design goals. Provides execution system technical knowledge and resources to the MES development team. Provides the final level of escalated support for First Solar’s manufacturing execution systems, data architectures, and data collection.
Manager – Process Development, Perrysburg, OH
Manages the Process Engineering group. Leads process improvement projects required in the manufacturing areas of the plant. Responsible for the performance of the solar modules. Implements team building efforts in order to reach established goals and objectives.
Supervisor – Purchasing, Trinity, AL
- Supervise team of buyers for all purchasing activities supporting the First Solar Module Manufacturing organization (North America).
- Responsible for assuring Purchase Orders are placed and deliveries are scheduled & maintained to meet production requirements for the Module Manufacturing organization.
- Provides support with alignment, coaching, and talent development for all subordinates.
- Implements and enforces global purchasing processes and procedures.
- Supports efforts to optimize inventory turns, minimize stock outs, and prevent production disruptions.
- Contributes to the development of Global Purchasing processes and procedures.
- Measures supplier performance metrics
- Responsible for obtaining bids, negotiating price reductions, and placing orders for supplies, materials, services, and equipment.
- Supports the qualification of new suppliers.
Manager – Device Research, Perrysburg, OH
Self-motivated and proven leader responsible for technology exploration of a thin-film photovoltaic cell technology.