Finance Analyst | Stem, Inc. | Millbrae, CA
Stem provides solutions that address the challenges of today’s dynamic energy market. By combining advanced energy storage solutions with Athena™, a world-class artificial intelligence (AI)-powered analytics platform, Stem enables customers and partners to optimize energy use by automatically switching between battery power, onsite generation and grid power. Stem’s solutions help enterprise customers benefit from a clean, adaptive energy infrastructure and achieve a wide variety of goals, including expense reduction, resilience, sustainability, environmental and corporate responsibility and innovation. Stem also offers full support for solar partners interested in adding storage to standalone, community or commercial solar projects – both behind and in front of the meter.
Stem’s culture embodies diversity & inclusion beyond the traditional facets of gender, ethnicity, age, disabilities, and sexual orientation to include experience, personality, communication, workstyles, and more. At our core, Stem is at the momentous intersection of clean energy and software technology where diverse ideas, experiences, and professional skills converge to make the inclusive culture we have today. Together, we are turning old school thoughts about software and energy into progressive, collaborative, and innovative solutions. By joining our team, you will be collaborating with data scientists, energy experts, skilled salespeople, thought-leading executives and more from a range of backgrounds. This intersection of ideas, beliefs, and skills is what makes us unique enough to lead the world’s largest network of digitally connected energy storage systems.
What we are looking for:
Stem is seeking applicants inspired by the opportunity to be a key contributor to the commercialization and financing of energy storage projects in a fast-pace, dynamic environment. This position will report to the Director of Finance.
- Support project financing and M&A transactions with third-party investors.
- Maintain data rooms to support the sharing of information between Stem and investors.
- Support asset management through organization and analysis of data on operating projects.
- Maintain and update key financial databases used in Stem’s day to day operations.
- Support commercial structuring of Stem’s projects for standalone and solar+storage applications.
- Collaborate with commercial teams on cross-functional projects focused on business operational improvements.
- Work closely with senior members of finance team on strategic projects as needed.
- Strong interest in renewable energy, energy storage, and finance.
- Attention to detail and strong work ethic.
- Understanding of basic financial concepts and Excel modeling.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Qualitative and quantitative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to distill insights from large volumes of data.
- Skillful at cross-functional collaboration.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with an ability to convey ideas and positions clearly and succinctly.
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly and proactively grow skill set and industry knowledge.
No previous work experience required. Current student and recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
Millbrae, California, United States
To learn more about Stem, visit our stem.com where you’ll find information about our solutions, technology, partners, case studies, resources, latest news and more. Here are some relevant links:
- Company Overview
- Case Studies
Stem, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.