ESG Writer & Content Strategist | CRI | Fully remotely or hybrid (Atlanta, Georgia)
Net-zero goals to address the climate crisis. Bold commitments to equity and inclusion. Best practices for employee engagement, sustainable product development, and corporate citizenship.
Today’s businesses are creating value in countless ways, and Corporate Reports, Inc. (CRI) has a front-row seat to the actions they’re taking to make a difference. As an agency that produces environmental, social, and governance (ESG) reports, sustainability reports, and other stakeholder communications for some of the world’s best-known businesses, we help companies tell their stories of progress.
We’re looking for a talented writer and content strategist to join our growing firm. You’ll join a core team of fellow writers, strategists, and ESG analysts, and partner with designers, developers, and project managers across the company to create top-quality work for our clients. We’re a small and nimble team, and our culture is curious, creative, collaborative, and client-focused.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to our Editorial Director, you will be responsible for writing long-form ESG report content for CRI’s clients. While no two days are quite the same, the general types of work we’ll expect you to perform include:
– Research and information-gathering – Our clients work in a wide range of industries, so you’ll need to get up to speed quickly on new and complex topics. We’re looking for someone adept at conducting research and verifying details, with a natural curiosity about emerging trends and legislation that shape business decision-making.
– Interviews – We regularly interview subject matter experts (SMEs) and business leaders to determine what stories to tell in reports. You should be able to confidently participate in an interview with an SME team on a technical topic—and later, translate SMEs’ insights into a narrative that non-expert readers will understand.
– Writing – ESG reports are long-form publications, sometimes running more than 100 pages and containing detailed updates on a company’s accomplishments. You’ll fit in at CRI if the idea of planning, organizing, and writing one of these reports sounds more exciting than intimidating. We’re looking for someone who can evaluate large volumes of source material and see the stories within—and determine which pieces of content might work best as background narratives, first-person messages, feature stories, sidebars, or infographics. From there, you should be able to develop drafts that are well-written, clear, and reflective of each client’s brand voice and tone.
– Copyediting and revisions – As a report moves closer to publication, you should be able to consolidate feedback from multiple reviewers, discuss edits with clients, and work closely with our project managers to keep projects on track toward deadlines. You should be able to edit both your own and others’ work, with an attention to detail that ensures drafts are error-free and consistent with editorial style standards.
Who You Are
You’re likely to succeed in this role if you:
– Have experience with B2B copywriting, particularly on ESG topics
– Are excited about doing long-form writing on complex subjects, with samples to prove it
– Have experience working for an agency in a client-facing role
– Understand what makes for high-quality business writing, including a preference for clarity and an aversion to jargon
– Are equally at ease doing independent, focused work when you’re writing a draft—and leading interviews and copy review meetings with report contributors
– Can find answers and recommend courses of action on projects, even in the absence of clear client direction
– Can confidently juggle multiple priorities, client requests, and details, while delivering drafts and other deliverables in advance of deadlines
– Are comfortable in a fully remote or hybrid work environment
This is a full-time position with an attractive benefits package, including competitive salary, generous paid time off, and a stipend for professional development or equipment for your home office space. You may work fully remotely or in a hybrid arrangement from our office in Atlanta, Georgia.
If this description sounds like you, we’d love to talk.