Engineering Analyst | Ameresco | Walnut Creek, CA
Fueled by a dedicated workforce, Ameresco is an innovative technology company specializing in energy solutions. Customers benefit from our ability to design, develop, finance and construct solutions to increase energy efficiency, optimize operations, leverage renewable energy assets, and plan for a resilient future. Our unique position enables us to deliver objective solutions for measurable cost savings and sustainable roadmaps for energy generation. Drawing from decades of experience, Ameresco develops tailored energy projects for the commercial, industrial, government, education, healthcare and public housing sectors.
Applied Energy Group (AEG), a division of Ameresco is seeking an Engineering Analyst to provide engineering and analytical support across AEG’s practice areas which cover market assessment, planning, engineering studies, program implementation support, and EM&V.
- Perform a wide range of energy-related analysis to include: energy efficiency savings and cost estimation, energy simulation modeling, consolidation of source data, utility program development and planning, quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) of engineering analyses, measurement and verification (M&V), program tracking system setup, evaluation analysis, market research, statistical analyses, and secondary research;
- Manage and deliver assigned tasks and analyses to project manager and manager’s satisfaction;
- Prepare written reports, presentation materials, and other project deliverables;
- Justify and document technical decisions related to research, planning, and data analysis;
- Communicate analytical methods and results to clients; and
- Build and maintain relationships with clients to maximize productivity and cultivate future opportunities.
BA/BS in Engineering or related technical field and
Minimum of 1 year experience working in energy efficiency technology assessment, utility program development and implementation, EM&V, or related areas.
MA/MS in Engineering or related technical field a plus
Proficiency in energy simulation modeling, VBA, and/or programming languages
Demonstrated experience with the development of analysis plans for discrete tasks and/or projects
Demonstrated strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities;
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
Attention to detail and dedication to deliverable quality;
Excellence in both verbal and written communication;
Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment across multiple groups;
Ability to manage time independently and deliver tasks within allotted time-frame and budget;
Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information;
Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism and a cooperative attitude; and
Strong organizational skills with ability to follow through on multiple tasks and priorities.
AMERESCO challenges the brightest, most talented and creative individuals in the industry by providing an environment that embraces initiative, diversity, and achievement along with comprehensive rewards, including people-oriented insurance, investment, and incentive plans.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Women/Minorities/Veteran/Disability.