Engineer- Technical Sales II USA | First Solar | Perrysburg, OH, United States
First Solar’s Product Management department seeks candidates who believe in our mission of providing cost-advantaged solar technology through innovation, customer engagement, industry leadership and operational excellence. First Solar’s Product Management team is responsible for enabling sales and revenue generation by leveraging the company’s differentiated products and industry-leading execution capabilities. Our mission is to engage customers, service their needs while building trust, and win their business. Our process involves working collaboratively across First Solar functions to create innovative technology offerings to support First Solar’s growth, profitability, and liquidity targets.
The Product Management team looks for motivated individuals to engage the market with products, systems, and services that facilitate our customers’ renewable energy goals. We continuously look for ways to improve our processes and make our vision a reality: leading the world’s sustainable energy future.
Basic Job Functions:
- The Technical Sales Engineer – US manages the technical aspects of the sales cycle for photovoltaic modules and is the voice of the customer back to the Product Management and R&D teams, within the Americas. It is a client facing position.
- This role leads customer opportunities from early-stage origination through indicative analysis and final bidding. It includes supporting the contract execution team lead after a deal is won. The Technical Sales Engineer works as an integral member of the Sales and Product Management teams by leading which scope brings the most value to each type of customer and industry partner. This role is responsible for completing plant performance energy estimates, creating technology comparisons, building relationships with EPC and other OEMs, modeling site layouts and optimizing for highest value results, and understanding capital cost estimates and O&M scope for a module sale or for a customer’s RFP bid response.
- The role works with First Solar’s commercial leads to address and remove any technical roadblocks that would prohibit a customer from executing a module transaction. This includes reviewing customer technical documents, teaching and explaining CdTe unique technology benefits, guiding Balance of System costs, and being an industry leader of plant performance estimates and performance tool knowledge. This ensures module customers and third-party partners are optimally designing, testing, and valuing First Solar module technology. This role also leads the coordination of the customer’s deeper technical and business questions to the proper resource whether within First Solar or through collaboration with industry professionals.
- The Technical Sales Engineer reflects the First Solar tenet of customer intimacy and is the first person the customer will contact when technical concern arises.
- Must have a BS degree in an engineering discipline, (i.e. BSEE, BSME, BSCE, BSChE, etc.);
- Advanced degree in Business or Engineering preferred, but not required.
- 2-5 years power industry experience with knowledge of solar project design, equipment selection, energy modeling, and technical sales
- Prior experience in the energy industry required.
- Project experience to include project development, conceptual and detailed design, engineering and optimization, cost estimating, and procurement.
- Battery Storage, inverter, PV structure, construction, field-testing, allocation, marketing, fulfillment, execution, commissioning, and data analysis experience a plus.
- Professional Engineer Registration (EIT / PE) is a plus.