Engineer – Reliability IV | First Solar | Perrysburg, OH
First Solar reserves the right to offer you a role most applicable to your experience and skillset.
Basic Job Functions:
This position is responsible to support Reliability and Durability programs associated with the First Solar PV plants related to DC, AC, Power Conversion and Grid interconnection systems. Responsible to build/enhance our confidence in predicting the long-term product performance, reliability and service life of our power plants and components, maintain any required and/or appropriate quality/product certifications while ensuring supplier product/process issues do not negatively impact our business.
Responsible for implementing and executing core reliability activities such as building reliability models, generating reliability predictions of systems, conducting sensitivity analysis, model optimization, goal allocation & apportionment, maintainability/availability/throughput analysis, predicting failure rates and maintenance strategies, developing total cost of ownership models etc.
This position is responsible for the development and implementation of new techniques and methods to further First Solar’s reliability program. Responsible for evaluation of new tools and their development by working with suppliers to enhance and improve the tool’s usefulness and accuracy. Interfaces with O&M, Warranty and technology groups to integrate their needs into System Reliability’s workflow and rudiments. Operates independently working with the highest levels of management and technology specialists on projects and current issues.
- Bachelor in Reliability/Electrical/Electronic engineering required.
- Master’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE) credentials preferred.
- Requires 7-10 years previous experience in Systems Reliability Modeling, Reliability Predictions related work in PV Energy/Utility/Electronics/Telecommunication or other relevant industry.
- Requires 5+ years demonstrated experience in Reliability Predictions, Apportionment/Allocation, RBD modeling, FMEA/FTA application, Markov Analysis, Availability/Throughput analysis, maintainability, cost and value optimization and resource allocation work.
- Minimum 3-year quality background in a utility or energy related industry required.