Energy Services Manager (Senior Power Resources Specialist) | San José Clean Energy | San José
The Department seeks to fill one full-time Energy Services Manager (Senior Power Resources Specialist) position to support the Account Management, Marketing, and Public Affairs Division. This position will report to the Deputy Director overseeing Account Management, Marketing, and Communications. This division is responsible for delivering customer-centric pricing, billing, marketing, outreach, and community programs for San José Clean Energy. This position will manage and facilitate SJCE’s transition to cost-of-service (COS) rate setting that began in 2023 and was approved in December 2022.
The Energy Services Manager (Senior Power Resources Specialist) focuses on the development and execution of SJCE strategic energy pricing initiatives for all residential and commercial customers. The Energy Services Manager (Senior Power Resources Specialist) will partner with leadership to design a dynamic long-term energy pricing strategy to achieve Department goals and objectives and identify new opportunities. The ideal candidates should be well-versed in PG&E rate structures, including residential and commercial rate schedules, or have comparable utility rate design experience and be comfortable engaging with large commercial customers regarding custom energy programs.
Duties include the following but are not limited to:
– Deploy technical, integrated, and complex COS model for rate setting
– Set rate pricing to encourage desired customer energy usage for optimum load shaping
– Set rate pricing to integrate distributed energy programs such as demand response rate pricing
– Leverage existing SJCE energy market forecasts to forecast costs to be recovered by customers through COS rates
– Implement data visualization tools and dashboards to help inform decision-making cross-departmentally
– Develop tariff modeling tools to analyze the impact of new rate methodologies on customers.
– Manage the development of custom rate design and energy products for the retention and attraction of manufacturing customers and
– Lead the development of tools and processes to analyze the potential impact of alternative rate structures (e.g., new time-of-use variants, low-income discounts, etc.);
– Engage with large commercial and industrial energy users regarding custom energy products and programs such as EV charging infrastructure;
– Perform other related duties as required.