Energy Manager at Facebook
Energy Manager | Facebook | Fremont, CA
- Facebook’s Data Center Energy Team is seeking a highly experienced and self-motivated energy professional to identify, develop, negotiate, and manage renewable energy supply solutions for our growing fleet of data centers.
- The Energy Manager (Renewable Energy) will support the continued development and execution of Facebook’s global energy strategy centered on a supply portfolio of cost competitive clean and renewable energy sources consistent with the company’s overall strategic objectives.
- The ideal candidate will have a proven track record for developing optimal renewable energy supply solutions by creatively leveraging their skills and significant experience across a spectrum of renewable energy supply issues including project development, finance, commercial, regulatory, market, technical, legal, and tax.
- Energy Manager (Renewable Energy) Responsibilities
- Lead the identification, creation, development, negotiation, and execution of opportunities to secure new cost competitive sources of renewable energy for Facebook’s operations
- Support domestic and international data center site selection and development activities
- Collaborate with internal organizations including sustainability, legal, tax, engineering, and finance to implement supply solutions
- Develop and grow relationships with key suppliers, developers, regulators, and other stakeholders
- Take an active role in regulatory processes and influence the design of new clean and renewable energy supply solutions offered by utilities and other suppliers
- Support continued evolution and execution Facebook’s renewable energy supply strategy for international and domestic data centers
- Stay informed of the technical, market, and regulatory developments in the renewable energy industry and communicate key trends, risks and potential impacts to management
- Lead and support various energy projects as needed
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed (10% to 15% at times)
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, sustainability, corporate responsibility, or related field
- 8+ years experience in developing, acquiring, performing due diligence, and negotiating definitive agreements for utility scale renewable energy solutions including wind, solar and storage projects
- Experience working with detailed financial models of renewable energy projects, identifying key risks and sensitivities, and leading all related due diligence efforts (financial, commercial, technical, development)
- Experience in managing multiple projects and collaborating with all internal and external stakeholders and consultants
- Experience in utility and grid interconnection processes
- Experience in leading negotiations and projects
- Experience in communicating commercial, regulatory, market, and contractual details to all organizational levels
- Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
- Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
- Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart.
- Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways.
- Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we’re just getting started.
- Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
- If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.