Economics Extern | Nature’s Fynd | Chicago
Nature’s Fynd is a groundbreaking food tech company born out of NASA-supported research on extremophiles in the geothermal pools of Yellowstone National Park. Our novel fermentation technology produces a sustainable source of complete protein using only a fraction of the resources required by traditional agriculture. As the challenge to feed the world’s expanding population grows, our mission is to create amazing foods that both nourish people and nurture the planet.
We’re looking for passionate, driven, and ambitious people to join our fast-growing team.
The Economics Extern will play a critical role in developing economic models to guide the commercialization of our novel fermentation technology. We are looking for someone who is both passionate about sustainability and biotechnology and looking to accelerate their professional development. The role is based in Chicago (with flexibility for remote work environment) with flexible start dates in ~September 2020 and will last ~3-6 months. Compensation will be in line with industry standards.
What you will do:
- Conduct economic modeling to guide long-term commercialization strategies
- Collaborate across the organization, working closely with manufacturing and R&D to guide scale-up decisions
- Build relationships with critical third-party partners to support efforts
- Highly Analytical and Organized: you can quickly drive to insights, finding scrappy ways to solve complex problems, while maintaining attention to detail and organization
- Strategic Thinking and Intellectual Rigor: you can balance thorough analysis with high-level strategic thinking to focus on what matters most
- Comfort with Ambiguity: you are comfortable with taking nebulous concepts with limited direction and translating them into concrete insights and actions
- Kind, Optimistic, and Fun: you enjoy collaborating on challenging problems and investing in the success of those around you
- 1-3 years of experience in financial modeling & analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with biotechnology, manufacturing, or supply chain analytics a plus