Director, Site Development
Director, Site Development | EVgo | Los Angeles
EVgo is the nation’s largest public fast charging network for electric vehicles, with more than 800 fast charging locations in 66 markets in 34 states. Powered by 100% renewable energy. EVgo serves more than 200,000 customers nationwide.
EVgo fast chargers are compatible with all fast charge capable EV models currently on the market, including Tesla Models S/X/3 with a CHAdeMO adapter EVgo has the best operating record in the industry – more than 98% uptime – and consistently earns top consumer scores on PlugShare.
Founded in 2010, EVgo partners with retail hosts, hotels, shopping centers, gas stations parking lot operators, and other stakeholders to make it easier to fast charge your EV close to where you live, work and play.
EVgo’s Site Development team is key to the company’s mission to accelerate the global transformation to clean energy by ensuring that a convenient, reliable charging infrastructure is available to meet the needs of a rapidly electrifying transportation sector. The successful candidate will be a critical member of the leadership team focused on building, owning, and operating a charging network that is not only profitable and creates a sensational charging experience for our customers but also works with a cadre of partners. The Director will hire, train, develop and manage effective teams, shape and execute operational standards, and work with cross-functional partners to develop business planning and team strategy. Ultimately, the Director is accountable for growing a profitable charging network across multiple regions, driving brand awareness, and increasing our market share.
The Director must deliver excellent results and achieve quarterly goals for the site development team and the organization. The Director will be expected to develop an effective and cohesive team, aid in negotiation and strategy, ensure standards and procedures are met on a consistent basis, lead strategic business planning, and mentor and deliver feedback to members of the team. Candidates for this position must be strong managers, team players, excellent communicators, able to translate strategic themes into concrete action plans, provide consistent feedback to identify, prioritize, resource, and operationalize projects. The successful candidate will be people-focused, goal-motivated, adaptable in a start-up environment, a strategic thinker, a nimble negotiator, and a self-starter.
- BUILD EFFECTIVE TEAMS:
- Source, recruit, hire, and onboard top talent
- Lead, develop, coach, and motivate a high-performing team
- Reinforce a culture of leadership and team excellence: performance standards, succession planning, employee retention, cross-functional collaboration
- Provide coaching and in-the-moment feedback to direct reports
- Set clear team targets and individual goals; hold teams accountable by driving performance
- DRIVE TEAM PERFORMANCE
- Use salesforce, site tracker, and tableau dashboards to make actionable business recommendations to managers and executive leadership
- Proactively mediate and resolve any site host concerns or escalations that require additional leadership support
- Develop and execute weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly strategies to hit targets and drive profitability
- STRATEGIC BUSINESS PLANNING
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders across Network Planning, Account Management, Engineering & Construction, Marketing, Billing, MDPP, Business Development, HR, Finance and Customer Ops to execute on market strategies
- Develop commercial awareness of markets and partner with local communities, businesses, and site hosts to create opportunities for growth
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned by management to meet business needs.
- B to B sales experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required, with experience leading teams in a high-growth, remote environment preferred
- Demonstrated ability to inspire, influence, and hold teams accountable to achieve a common goal
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and adhere to business-critical deadlines
- Innovative and resourceful, unfazed by change, and effective at using data, logic, and instincts to identify problems and execute solutions
- Sound analytical skills. Ability to exercise excellent judgment when making decisions
- Strong initiative and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to understand and explain complex concepts
- A passionate, dedicated, and ethical approach to management and operations
- Successful history of building relationships; evidence of being a well-respected, trusted partner, and someone others want to work with
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and to respond to changing demands from multiple sources
- Outstanding work ethic and willingness to go above and beyond to get projects done
- Experience with CRM software and related programs
- Basic understanding of building & electrical infrastructure a plus
- Experience selling to or managing large, national portfolio accounts a plus
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication, and sales skills
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and an acceptable and safe driving record