Director, Power Sector Policy & Strategy | Environmental Defense Fund | Remote – U.S. Region
The Director will play a lead role on a growing US team, helping to shape EDF’s vision for effective and equitable federal and state climate policy, particularly advancing strategies to reduce carbon pollution as well as health-harming air pollution from the electric power sector. Under direction of EDF’s Associate Vice President, US Climate, the Director will help shape and implement EDF’s evolving power sector decarbonization strategy, with responsibility for day-to-day advocacy activities including research and policy development, legislative and regulatory engagement, and collaboration with electric power companies, consumers, and other key stakeholders in the clean energy transition. The Director will have a specific focus on securing ambitious reductions in carbon pollution from the electric power sector, the linchpin to achieving the U.S. economy-wide NDC.
- Help develop and refine EDF’s approach for achieving significant carbon emission reductions in the power sector by the end of the decade.
- Lead engagement with key stakeholders, including policymakers and staff, electric power sector representatives, and NGO and community partners.
- Work with analytical team to identify and coordinate necessary research and technical priorities; interpret results and leverage findings to advance advocacy goals.
- Coordinate and manage efforts of EDF staff and consultants across multiple programs in a matrixed organization; collaborate seamlessly with external partners critical to the program’s success.
- Speak on behalf of EDF in key external forums and establish a reputation as a go-to resource for policy makers and other stakeholders.
- Write and prepare white papers, reports, policy briefs, and communications materials aimed at external audiences; draft internal decision memos, policy documents, testimony, talking points; contribute to funding proposals and reports.
- Coordinate closely with EDF’s legal and regulatory team on climate, clean air, and clean energy progress under existing law.
- Participate in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.