Director of Permitting
Director of Permitting | Able Grid | Boulder, CO
Able Grid Energy Solutions is seeking a Director to permit utility-scale battery energy storage projects in the United States, particularly in the eastern US. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic team in a young, fast-paced company in the emerging energy storage space.
- Support Senior Director of Development (based in New Jersey) and East Market Director (based in Massachusetts) in developing battery energy storage projects, focusing in the near-term on projects in Massachusetts and New York with efforts anticipated in other states longer-term.
- Oversee due diligence efforts in advance of formal permitting, including commissioning and review of Phase I environmental site assessments, title reports, surveys, desktop environmental reports, and similar early-stage site analysis.
- Commission site plans, wetlands investigations, and other deliverables necessary to prepare a discretionary permitting package and advance conversations with the project AHJs.
- Direct the local (and if applicable, state and federal) permitting processes for individual battery storage projects by working with elected officials, staff, local counsel, and other external consultants to achieve the discretionary approvals required in advance of final design and building permit issuance.
- Steer entitlement efforts in collaboration with the Senior Director of Development and Market Director to ensure proper alignment with interconnection feasibility and commercial offtake opportunities.
- Requires travel – approximately four to six days per month- to project sites throughout the northeast to meet with AHJs, landowners and other stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of how to develop new projects in the electric power sector or industrial or commercial development space (e.g. data centers, warehouses, industrial facilities)
- Demonstrated experience in achieving entitlements for projects located in states with complex state and local permitting regimes, such as Massachusetts or New York
- Success working with diverse stakeholders including public agencies, local communities, and landowners
- Strong communication skills including clear writing and presentation skills to support permit applications and meetings with public agencies
- Independent self-starter who can manage projects and work with a diverse team • Based in the northeastern U.S.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is negotiable based upon experience. Able Grid offers health care, a 401(k), and an employee equity incentive program.
Able Grid Energy Solutions is a utility-scale energy storage developer based in Boulder, Colorado and backed by leading energy investors. In partnership with utilities, municipalities, communities, technology providers, and financing parties, Able Grid is developing low-cost energy storage projects that improve the reliability of the electric grid and help integrate clean sources of energy.
Interested applicants can submit their resume to Christina Wolf, Senior Director of Development – email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest!