Director of Marketing and Communications | Evergreen Climate Innovations | Chicago – hybrid
Are you concerned about climate change and the environment? Are you motivated to use your professional expertise to do something about it? Are you inspired by entrepreneurs building climate tech startups? If you answered “yes” to these questions then we should talk. We are hiring a Director of Marketing & Communications to amplify the story of Evergreen Climate Innovations and its portfolio of climate tech startups. You will guide Evergreen’s brand identity, develop content and play a pivotal role in defining the voice of Evergreen. You will work hand-in-hand with the passionate Evergreen team and our portfolio of startups to demonstrate the powers of innovation and entrepreneurship to solve our environmental imperative.Evergreen Climate Innovations, formerly Clean Energy Trust, is a Chicago-based nonprofit that delivers positive climate impact and inclusive opportunity by helping high-potential climate tech startups from the Greater Midwest succeed. Since 2010 we’ve been investing catalytic capital and providing hands-on support to climate entrepreneurs while also cultivating an ecosystem of investors, corporate partners, donors, and collaborators.
- Be the voice of Evergreen and communicate the important role Evergreen plays in the climate tech ecosystem
- Collaborate with and advise portfolio companies on marketing and communications strategies and support portfolio companies on execution as appropriate
- Develop and execute communications campaigns that leverage diverse channels, including news releases, newsletters, blog posts, social media, email, audio/video, events, and partnerships
- Manage relationships with external support partners such as communications firms, graphic designers, photographers, printers, event planners
- Support fundraising and business development by creating relevant materials such as marketing collateral, presentation decks, etc.
- Maintain Evergreen’s website and update content when needed
- Plan and execute Evergreen events, including our marquee annual event Co_Invest Climate
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
- Creativity, storytelling and content creation skills
- An “eye” for aesthetic design and visual presentation; basic design experience preferred.
- Ability to plan ahead, take initiative, and work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including copywriting and editing
- Strong project management skills
- Attention to detail and a commitment to flawless execution
- Event planning skills and experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport with portfolio company founders, Evergreen stakeholders, and reporters and media “gatekeepers”
- Comfort with ambiguity and demonstrated ability to be self-starting and entrepreneurial
- Passion for the mission of Evergreen and commitment to supporting innovation, entrepreneurs, and the world’s transition to a zero carbon future