Director of Business Development
Director of Business Development | Nephila | Nashville, TN
Preferred Location: Nashville, TN or Larkspur, CA (other locations, open for discussion)
We are seeking a talented, highly motivated Director of Business Development to join our Investor Relations team. In this role, you will be a senior member of the team and face off to Institutional Investors globally, with primary focus on investors in the US and Asia. We are a small team and you will be responsible for bringing in new business and servicing existing clients.
Nephila (www.nephila.com) manages 10 billion dollars of capital and is the largest catastrophe and climate insurance-linked securities (ILS) manager in the world. We were the first provider of alternative capital to the reinsurance market and the first to launch a climate risk strategy. Nephila has a global presence, with offices in Bermuda, London, Nashville, and San Francisco.
- Serve as the relationship manager for an existing portfolio of institutional clients;
- Build and ensure a robust pipeline of institutional investor prospects;
- Travel locally and internationally to build new relationships and service existing ones. This position will be responsible for clients in the US, Asia and Australia;
- Attend conferences and industry events to represent Nephila and develop new relationships;
- Develop new marketing content and contribute to messaging;
- Drive clarity in roles and responsibilities across departments to develop proposals and reports and ensure appropriate stakeholders are engaged to service clients.
Our Ideal Candidate will be…
- comfortable talking about investment products in detail with an aptitude for in-depth product knowledge;
- a creative problem solver with strong critical thinking skills and an ability to look at problems from new and different angles;
- comfortable navigating ambiguity and change, and possess a natural curiosity;
- interested in driving innovation, both at Nephila and in our industry;
- self-motivated, results driven, and prefer working in a fast-paced dynamic environment;
- an excellent communicator, who can clearly and authentically convey a message;
- exceptional writer, able to distill and organize complex ideas for various audiences.
- 5-10 years of progressive responsibility and client facing experience, with at least 2 years’ experience focused on growing and securing funding from large institutional investors;
- Financial services/ asset management experience required
- Knowledge of alternatives
- Advisor mentality as our approach is educational and consultative
- ILS familiarly would be helpful to get up to speed quickly (pension funds, etc.)
- Cross-cultural/international experience – experience in Asian markets a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
Nephila offers competitive compensation based on experience and qualifications in addition to an attractive benefits package, including employer-paid health insurance, 401k, daily in-office lunch, and fitness benefit.