Customer Integrated Solutions Manager
Customer Integrated Solutions Manager | SDG&E | San Diego, CA
At SDG&E, we are committed to the community we call home, delivering clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people we serve in San Diego and southern Orange counties. Our commitment means 40% of the energy that SDG&E delivers to customers comes from renewable sources, exceeding California’s Renewable Portfolio Standard. We are modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure safe and reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. Learn more about our commitment to delivering clean, safe and reliable energy HERE.
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
The Customer Integrated Solutions Manager designs, develops and implements innovative new programs for SDG&E customers in areas of resiliency, sustainability and accessibility. Collaborates with SDG&E operational departments to pilot and launch new customer offerings, establish internal business processes and operate these new programs to meet regulatory and business goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operations and Reporting- Responsible for all program implementation activities, from solicitations to customer eligibility and enrollment, and internal and regulatory reporting. Performance tracking to meet and exceed goals through KPIs, metrics and dashboards. Determine various stakeholder needs, benefits and impacts, identify funding sources, ensure compliance and develop risk assessment & mitigation plans. Oversee a budget of $10M-$30M annually, for the design, delivery and implementation of programs and offerings to SDG&E customers, in areas of resiliency, sustainability and accessibility. Maintain strong working relationships with other California Investor Owned Utilities (IOUs) and represent the company at the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC).
- Business Development- Develop value-proposition and pitch Customer Programs capabilities to external departmental leadership. Assist with strategy development and leverage internal cross-functional networks to ideate, validate, test and launch new customer programs and offerings. Provide recommendations to Sr. Management and obtain requisite approvals for new programs and offerings.
- Supervisory- Coach and manage a team of highly skilled project managers, advisors and coordinate cross-organizational teams. Procure and prioritize resources based on company and departmental needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Bachelor’s Degree Marketing, business management, engineering, related field or equivalent training and/or experience.
- 8 years experience in general management and program/offering development and implementation.
- 2 years supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated ability in developing new offerings and teams through strategy, innovation and creative thinking.
- Maintains a customer focus and knows how to work effectively within the company to achieve goals. Thoroughly understands customer’s needs and values and is able to translate this into effective programs and offerings.
- Energy industry knowledge and understanding of utility customers and market segments.
- Strong working knowledge of utility business, financial models and regulatory rules and requirements.
- Excellent leadership skills to develop personnel and ability to lead and manage through influence in a matrix organization.
- Ability to define and develop goals, strategically allocate and optimize resources.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically.
- Must be comfortable working with multiple unknowns and managing risk.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Master’s Degree Marketing, business management, engineering, related field or equivalent training and/or experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.