Construction Project Manager
Construction Project Manager | Able Grid | Boulder or Denver, CO
Able Grid Energy Solutions is seeking a Construction Project Manager for a large battery energy storage project located in Texas. This is a fixed length assignment of approximately 10-12 months. The Construction Project Manager will report to project owners and work closely with other members of Able Grid’s execution team.
- Responsible for scope, schedule and budget from notice to proceed through commercial operation.
- Ensure compliance with design documents, safety practices, quality management practices, and environmental management practices
- Manage design submittals, change orders, and project close-out
- Manage communications and reporting between owners, owners’ engineer, equipment suppliers, EPC contractor, and utility
- Manage project accounting, including budget tracking and approving and submitting contractor and consultant invoices
- Monitor construction progress; resolve problems that arise due to inclement weather, emergencies or other issues that may cause delay
- Maintain strong visibility and presence on the job site, driving project objectives and values
- Demonstrated leadership managing construction of new projects in the electric power sector or industrial or commercial development space (e.g. energy storage, PV, wind, data centers, warehouses, industrial facilities)
- Prior experience with related scope including civil, high voltage, electrical underground, duct banks and cabling, and utilities
- Ability to either temporarily relocate or travel as required to personally oversee construction at the project site
- Strong understanding of construction management means and methods, safety and OSHA standards, and contract and vendor management
- Experience with conflict and crisis management with diverse stakeholders, including permitting agencies, investors, developers, EPC companies and trade partners
- Ability to communicate and work well with on-site staff, subcontractors, inspectors, engineers, and owners to ensure completion of tasks
- Strong spatial skills and familiarity with building plans and maps
- Independent self-starter who can manage projects and work with a diverse team
- Project Management Professional certification, a plus
- Engineering degree and/or professional experience in engineering, a plus
- This job requires physical capabilities to perform requirements in remote and outdoor locations including walking, sitting, climbing, bending, squatting, handling objects, tools, and devices, and hearing and vision abilities for inspections of materials and equipment.
Compensation and Benefits Compensation is negotiable based upon experience. Able Grid offers health care and a 401(k) plan for employees on fixed length assignments.
Company Overview Able Grid Energy Solutions is a utility-scale energy storage developer based in Boulder, Colorado and backed by leading energy investors. In partnership with utilities, municipalities, communities, technology providers, and financing parties, Able Grid is developing energy storage projects that improve the reliability of the electric grid and help integrate clean sources of energy.