Communications Coordinator & Research Support
Communications Coordinator & Research Support | Swell Energy | Santa Monica, CA
Swell Energy is looking for an entry level Communications Coordinator to assist with internal and external company communications, task coordination and program support. A successful hire for this position will have strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills, as well as be able to operate in a small, dynamic entrepreneurial environment. Experience and knowledge in the renewable energy sector is an advantage.
The role requires an individual who is comfortable managing various tasks and working in a fast-paced work environment. Besides a solid work ethic and a strong team-oriented personality, candidates should display creativity, passion, and a desire to break new ground in a constantly shifting technology landscape.
If you are mission-driven, hard-working and looking to grow your energy expertise and contribute to carbon-free communities, Swell Energy may be the place for you.
- Develop and coordinate internal communications (memos, newsletters etc.)
- Help communicate and develop effective material from technical team for marketing team & sales team
- Coordinate journalist questions with appropriate Swell contacts and develop draft responses
- Organize communication material for decision/action
- Organize initiatives and prepare staff for speaking events or press interviews
- Foster relationships with advocates and key persons
- Collaborate with marketing professionals to produce copy for advertisements or articles
- Assist in communication of strategies or messages from leadership
- Support with note taking, organizing deliverables and coordinating responses/tracking completion
- Conduct market research as needed in emerging markets
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally with both technical and creative teams
- Proven written, graphics, oral and presentation communication skills including strong attention to detail, copy editing and enforcing branding guidelines
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Analytical skills in data-driven marketing coupled with excellent communication abilities (written and verbal), including an ability to distill complex information into simple concepts ● Experience in applying consumer insights to inform and optimize communication strategies
- Undergraduate degree required, Masters preferred
- Desired 2+ years experience in clean energy industry
About Swell Energy, Inc.
Swell Energy is creating a greater grid for the greater good. The home energy management and smart grid solutions provider is accelerating the mass-adoption of residential clean energy technologies by making it easy for consumers to take control of their home energy use, achieve energy security and generate revenue. The company provides homeowners with financing and educational resources, partnering with trusted local solar + storage companies and top technology providers for seamless, high-quality installations of the best available products. By creating a critical mass of dynamic and
responsive clean energy resources within utility service areas across the United States, Swell Energy is also delivering virtual power plant (VPP) networks and grid-balancing services to utilities, which are fundamental to our future distributed energy system. Learn more at www.swellenergy.com.