Clean Energy Electric Vehicles Innovation Projects Senior Specialist | Con Edison | NY-New York-4 Irving Pl Headquarters
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Electric Vehicles Innovation Projects Sr Specialist supports the Company’s electric vehicles (EV) demonstration and pilot projects that advance the REV (Reforming the Energy Vision) and state clean energy goals, and align with the Company’s long-term strategic interests. The Electric Vehicles Innovation Projects Sr Specialist will support management of each stage of demonstration project processes from ideation to closeout and test innovative program design and new utility business models. The Demonstration Project team works in a variety of e-mobility areas including, but not limited to medium and heavy-duty vehicle electrification, fleet electrification, managed charging, vehicle-to-grid, and other related topics. This job includes project management, market research, RFP design and the selection process, technology vetting, budget development and forecasting, day-to-day operations to drive results, and regulatory reporting. This role involves developing and maintaining relationships with many stakeholders, both internal and external to Con Edison. Successful candidates will have experience meeting concurrent deadlines in dynamic markets and excel at learning new technology applications and customer implementation needs for quick execution and thoughtful project design. Negotiation and strong communication skills are essential to delivering on this role’s key priorities.
- Responsible for supporting current and future demonstration projects related but not limited to electrification of transportation and clean energy technologies.
- Manage third-party partners and consultants across multi-year contracts to deliver results on time and on budget.
- Communicate scope and objectives of demonstration project(s) to various internal and external stakeholders including senior management, impacted groups, the New York Public Service Commission, stakeholder working groups, and policy makers.
- Develop relationships with industry experts, technology providers, external partners, and internal business units to successfully execute on project design and implementation to completion.
- Perform data analysis and interpret results as part of assessing project performance and preparing reports, presentations, and regulatory filings.
- Coordinate marketing and outreach efforts with internal groups to engage customers and seek feedback.
- Develop and forecast demonstration project budgets and track against forecasted performance. Oversee program invoice processes and financial reporting.
- Provide customer service support on escalated program issues, as necessary.
- Represent Con Edison at regulatory bodies, industry conferences, and external stakeholders in the context of Demonstration Projects.
- Ensure that safe work practices are followed, and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, environmental science or other technical or business major and a minimum of 3 years of work experience