Business Development Manager | Solartonic | Phoenix, Tucson, Los Angeles, or San Diego
Solartonic, based in Ypsilanti, Michigan, empowers smart communities with solar-powered smart poles that enhance communications, mobility and safety infrastructure, and decarbonize the built environment. Our sustainable, safe and resilient solutions can be quickly and easily deployed exactly where they are needed; are systems-integrated, smart, and powered autonomously; reduce customer CapEx and OpEx; and produce net-zero energy and CO2 emissions.
With existing customers and installed systems in Arizona and California, solartonic seeks a highly motivated Business Development Manager with strong sales and marketing skills to build on our past success and grow our business in Arizona and southern California. This is a part-time, contractual position that could turn into a full-time opportunity for the right person.
Location: Phoenix, Tucson, Los Angeles, or San Diego areas preferred; other locations may be considered Compensation: Base monthly retainer + expenses + commission on sales, to be determined based on experience Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in business development; BA or Marketing degree preferred but not required.
- Direct and successful sales and business development track record in one or more of the following areas: public/private infrastructure, landscape architecture, civil engineering, street/area lighting, outdoor/exterior camera security systems, Wi Fi or Telecommunications systems, mobility/transit system technology and infrastructure.
- Demonstrated experience and track record selling to one or more of the following customer segments: commercial real estate (CRE) developers, airports, colleges/universities, municipalities, counties, and state government agencies.
- Must be comfortable approaching and speaking with clients in both professional and social environments.
- Must be willing to follow through consistently with leads and prospects to develop strong long-lasting relationships.
- A positive attitude, integrity, and strong work ethic.
- Work well under pressure and have exceptional time management skills.
- Ability to follow through and perform with critical thinking and minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively in both in-person and remote/virtual on-line environments with customers and co-workers.
- Strong and effective Microsoft Office skills, especially PowerPoint, Excel and Word
You will work collaboratively with the COO and CEO of the company to:
- Define and execute a sales plan for solartonic’s products and systems, within the target geographic regions. • Promote/position solartonic as the go-to smart infrastructure provider by cultivating relationships and with C-Suite, Smart City, Parks/Green Space, Sustainability, and Facilities leaders at cities, towns, states, airports, colleges, and CRE developers. • Prioritize direct (non-bid) sourcing and procurement opportunities.
- Cultivate and sustain relationships with infrastructure specifiers including regional architecture and engineering firms. • Grow a qualified and quality sales pipeline in the region through strategic and targeted prospecting tied to the sales plan and leveraging your professional network, existing solartonic relationships, and size and impact of opportunity. • Represent solartonic at local or regional chapters of targeted associations and strive to achieve significant visibility through participation on committees and/or leadership positions.
- Regularly update CRM tools with account information, opportunities, leads, quotes, etc.
- Assist with presentation of sales quotations and presentations.
- Connect with clients and prospects via meetings, phone, e-mail, social media, Zoom/Teams, etc.
Solartonic is an equal opportunity employer. Talented, creative, highly motivated and responsible people of any ability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, creed, or national origin are strongly encouraged to apply.