Associate Director of Development and Finance
Associate Director of Development and Finance | Dylan Green | Remote
Our client is seeking an Associate Director of Development and Finance to join the Project Finance team to build and manage the company’s growing investment portfolio.
The individual will be responsible for supporting the successful execution of project finance negotiations, for loans, as well as project equity and tax equity. A core responsibility of the Associate Director of Development and Finance is to manage all elements of project financing by working with the company’s key financing parties on projects the company has acquired.
The Associate Director of Development and Finance will also collaborate closely with other company teams, including Engineering, Legal, Construction and Product Management, to help improve company processes and outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Developers and Executive Management team to refine project finance strategies.
- Support capital formation as part of a deal team on projects that are being developed, including leading and supporting processes around due diligence, and drawing capital.
- Drive execution to financial close in collaboration with legal to build successful financing relationships for both debt, tax equity and corporate capital.
- Lead finance negotiations for financings that the company is looking to execute. Specifically, talk to banks, tax equity investors, and other investors to help manage and structure investments.
- Coordinate with internal teams, including Legal and Engineering, to advance documentation necessary to close aforementioned financings.
- In conjunction with VP of Development and Finance, work with Project Analyst, who will execute economic modeling and project-level research, on Market and Project Development Opportunities to ensure that high-quality outcomes are met.
- Work with the Product Development team to codify streamlined processes in software to build a scalable infrastructure for project due diligence and finance into the future.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in closing financing transactions at a bank, developer or investing entity.
- Demonstrable experience with origination of structured finance transactions with top tier clients.
- 2-3 years of experience working at a leading sponsor, investor, or advisor in the power space, preferably utility-scale renewable energy. Transaction experience preferred.
- Ownership mentality; comfort with speaking up and taking the initiative.
- Highly competent in Microsoft Excel.
- Some project management experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree.