Associate Consultant | Kimball Sustainable Healthcare | San Francisco Bay Area. Partially remote, Some on-site client duties
For healthcare companies who are ready to improve the health of patients, communities, and the planet, Kimball Sustainable Healthcare (KSH) provides expert strategies, quality programs, and effective communications to empower and build industry-leading sustainability impact. Founded by a clinician and uniquely expert in healthcare change management, the KSH team of leaders brings the care, knowledge, and determination to create sustainability programs that work for healthcare, tailored to each organization and designed for growth.
KSH partners with healthcare clients to create:
- Sustainability strategies that work for healthcare, tailored to each organization, and designed to scale
- Communications and engagement to build the knowledge, capacity, and inspiration for decisive climate and sustainability action
- Data driven sustainability programs and solutions that support hospital quality, safety, and value
The Associate Consultant is an early to mid career practitioner who contributes to the development and growth of sustainability practices, culture, and expertise in the healthcare industry and related communities. You will research and develop sustainable healthcare products, services, and communications in collaboration with a cross functional team of sustainability experts. You will measure and organize sustainability data and metrics. You will coordinate and support successful project delivery. You will build positive client and industry relationships and support the growth of the consultancy.
Reports to: Principal Consultant
Hours: 20 hours per week to start, potential for full time
Location: San Francisco Bay Area. Partially remote, Some on-site client duties.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support development and delivery of core KSH services, including sustainability strategy and climate action for healthcare, zero waste, sustainable procurement and toxics reduction, engagement and culture, sustainable clinical practices.
- Collect, organize, synthesize, track, and report data and metrics. Demonstrate proficiency in sustainability and healthcare sustainability metrics and quality.
- Coordinate and perform client work according to defined deliverables, KPIs, budget and timeline. Produce defined project deliverables and communications.
- Coordinate projects and support administrative tasks: stakeholder outreach and alignment, calendaring, emails, meeting management.
- Coordinate sustainability, ESG, and climate reporting initiatives.
- Research, track, organize, synthesize, and share industry resources and developments relevant to sustainable healthcare.
- Support development of sustainability best practices and innovations for the healthcare setting.
- Support production and marketing of content that demonstrates authority and expertise in sustainability and sustainable healthcare.
- Support business development functions.
- Build and foster positive client and industry relationships.
- Attend and participate in industry networking events and groups.
- Demonstrate and support the vision, culture, and strategy of Kimball Sustainable Healthcare.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental sustainability, public health, or a related field 4 years of experience in sustainability, project coordinator, or data management role
- Able to manage, organize, and ensure quality of sustainability data and metrics
- Thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic boutique consultancy environment
- Effectively applies project management methods and process improvement principles
- Enjoys and is skilled at change management, collaboration, and engagement
- Has proficient writing, editing, and interpersonal communication skills with ability to analyze and synthesize high volume of information
- Is skilled at organizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously and can prioritize, meet deadlines, work independently, and problem solve.
- Maintains confidentiality, displays high level of independent judgment and initiative
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office, able to effectively use proprietary business software for file sharing, project management, and related applications
- Ability to develop materials for marketing, event planning, education, etc.
- Familiarity with or ability to quickly become familiar with fast-paced client organizations in healthcare
- Works well in a team environment. Develops and maintains a good working relationship with the Company staff, community members, and colleagues in other Companies.
- High level of personal and professional integrity and ethics.
Essential Physical Functions:
The incumbent must be able to talk and hear over the phone, and in person. Extended sitting and use of hands and fingers for keyboard work is required. The incumbent will occasionally stand, walk, reach, balance, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities require driving, as well as close reading. Lifting and carrying is occasionally up to 50 pounds.
Essential Mental Functions:
The incumbent works remotely in an office environment with the need to maintain conditions for a productive workplace. The incumbent must sustain concentration, follow a set of procedures and organize own work. Work tasks require precise detail and adherence to project deadlines.