Asset Manager | Metrus Energy | San Francisco, CA
Metrus Energy is positioned to exponentially grow its energy finance business and looking for new Asset Managers to support Metrus’ growing portfolio of energy efficiency and renewable assets. This individual will be responsible for helping manage the day-to-day reporting and operations of Metrus’ portfolio, which span a variety of projects and types of energy upgrades. The candidate will work closely with the company’s financial partners and customers to manage and support the operation and reporting of projects. This will include managing the operational lifecycle of all projects, from monitoring the progress of project construction, to billings, collections and reporting for Metrus’ asset financing facilities. The asset manager will become a subject matter expert on numerous business processes across the lifecycle of our assets in order to effectively synthesize key operational and financial data for external reporting.
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate with an interest in the growing market for energy efficiency and renewable services. This role is best suited to individuals excited about business processes, process improvements and helping to build out Metrus’ finance and operations team. Successful candidates will demonstrate strategic, critical thinking and an attention to detail that can help grow and maximize the ongoing performance of Metrus’ portfolio.
Metrus is committed to anti-racism in all areas that we navigate as a business. Diversity is important to Metrus and we encourage all to apply.
Duties & Responsibilities
The candidate’s responsibilities will include:
· Manage, report, and facilitate payment on project construction activities and the achievement of key milestones.
· Coordinate receipt of payment and prepare project invoices documenting realized energy savings for Metrus’ customers.
· Consistently identify opportunities for process improvements and automation.
· Track delivery and compliance of all required reports to internal/external parties.
· Work with internal and external teams to analyze expected vs. actual energy savings performance data.
· Interact with investors to answer fund performance related questions.
· Manage funding and payments to investors for our financing facilities.
· Assist in the tracking of compliance items as detailed in the fund transaction documents.
· Organize and prepare data from each project to be uploaded into company database.
· Strategize architectural improvements to company database.
· Utilize company database to provide valuable insights from existing projects that improve future project processes and profitability.
· Support fundraising efforts and due diligence process.
Experience & Qualifications
The successful individual will need to demonstrate:
· 0-2 years of experience in asset management, consulting, corporate finance, financial reporting, or clean energy financing with a strong track record
· Proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and SQL
· Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, quantitative, and organizational skills
· Bachelor’s degree, ideally in business, economics, finance, accounting, environmental management, computer science or a related quantitative field
· Solutions-oriented individual that can excel in a start-up environment
· Ability to work collaboratively and represent Metrus professionally in all aspects
· Work experience in the energy efficiency or clean energy industry is a plus
Please submit a resume when applying for this job posting and email the contact listed below.
Salary and Benefits
Salary for qualified candidates will be commensurate with their experience. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, stock option grants, 401k plan, an unlimited paid time off policy and annual professional development stipend.