Architect – Data Platform | First Solar | Perrysburg, OH
Basic Job Functions:
The Data Platform Architect will drive the data and analytics approach within an end-to-end solution, including configuration and development of data management, business intelligence, analytical, and visualization. In adherence to enterprise architecture standards, this individual will align the organization on best practices related to data management and governance; serve as a liaison between various IT and business stakeholders, process owners, project managers, analysts, developers, and other architects; improve the quality and value of core data assets; and respond to regulatory protection requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Technology or related field with 7-10 years of related work experience
- Data management, data warehouse or business intelligence certifications a plus
- 4+ years of experience working in a formal IT department with a focus on enterprise level data management (extraction, transformation, master data management, governance), data stores/ warehousing and data modeling across multiple subject areas (finance, supply chain, manufacturing, warranty, customer, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience as a lead providing technical direction to a team of developers to implement a project, including offshore resources.
- 4+ years of experience supporting applications for medium-to-large size company, preferably with multiple locations and international footprint, 24×7 operations, and mature development practices (Agile Scrum, CMM-lv3, RUP, etc.).
- 3+ years of experience developing software on the Microsoft .NET platform using ASP.NET, C#, T-SQL or PL/SQL and relational databases.
- 3+ years of experience and knowledge of the spectrum of analytics solutions such as SaaS analytics solutions – Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence, SAS, as well as on-prem solutions like Tableau.
- 3+ years of experience with systems integration using enterprise application and cloud integration tools such as Azure Data Factory, Oracle Integration Cloud, BizTalk, Data Services, Mulesoft, Informatica, Boomi, etc.
- 3+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- 1+ years of experience creating, communicating, and presenting technical concepts, documentation, and recommendations (such as Architecture Overview Diagrams and proposals, Sequence Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams) to various stakeholder groups (e.g. business stakeholders, executives, managers, architects, and technical teams).
- 2+ years of experience architecting hybrid and fully cloud hosted data platform solutions with relational and non-relational databases using Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) or Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). Examples include Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence (OTBI), Azure Cloud Storage, Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage, Cassandra and MongoDB.
- 2+ years of experience working in big data ecosystems utilizing distributed or massive parallel processing (MPP) architecture with structured and unstructured data. Distributed examples include Azure HD Insight, Hortonworks and Cloudera. MPP examples include Azure Synapse Analytics, Amazon Redshift, HP Vertica and IBM Netezza.
- Experience organizing and collaborating with various resources (both internal and external) to drive resolution of issues or completion of tasks/projects.
- Experience working within a customer-focused, team-oriented environment with effective and respectful communication and collaboration with all parties.
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection.
- Understanding of risk data architecture.
- Understanding of fundamental technologies in a Microsoft environment: operating systems, networking, middleware, security, databases, etc.
- Understanding of network infrastructure and administration (Windows Server, load balancers).
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture concepts a plus (Message Bus, Service Repositories, Message Routing, Canonical Message Formats).
- Ability to share knowledge and train internal support team on designs to be implemented.
- Ability to stay up to date on industry technology skills and solutions.
- Ability to provide technical leadership, input to the Data Governance Lead, and direction to the Delivery Team.