Administrative Assistant | Fervo Energy | Houston or San Francisco
Decarbonizing the energy sector is an urgent challenge, and with the right technology, geothermal energy can play a central role. We are expanding our team to help make this vision a reality. Fervo Energy has developed technology to make geothermal power scalable and cost-effective. Join us and work alongside world-class engineers, researchers, investors, and developers in making geothermal a key pillar of our climate-friendly energy future.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible from supporting the executive team in day-to-day activities, including getting the team organized and coordinated to get administrative tasks done. The Administrative Assistant will report to the COO. The position can be remote through 2021 but will ultimately require relocation to one of Fervo Energy’s principal offices in Houston, TX or San Francisco, CA.
- Coordinate hiring and onboarding of new employees
- Prepare a daily news feed for the team covering industry news and regulatory updates ● Draft emails, communications, letters
- Maintain contact list for the company
- Schedule appointments and maintain calendars
- Help with company compliance matters
- Support all financial and insurance related audit tasks
- Be proactive in planning and executing events that enhance Fervo culture, including monthly Lunch and Learns, happy hours, celebrations, quarterly team meetings, and holiday events
- Attend team meetings as needed to take notes and record action items
- Manage Fervo’s communication management tools and systems
- Maintain and improve document filing structure in Google drive
- Process benefits, insurance, rental and other payments
- Book travel arrangements
- Scan and distribute company’s mail to the employees
- Manage address changes for company and subsidiaries
- Support or lead internet research on adhoc matters and communicating results in a written report ● Prepare and submit monthly invoices and quarterly reports for grants
- Manage time tracking for all employees
- File and archive operations reports
- Maintain lessons learned and opportunity registers
- Support the compilation of regulatory filings (post operations reporting, permit applications)
Required and Preferred Qualifications
- At least 5 years of admin or assistant experience, preferably supporting an executive team in an energy company
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient with MS Office, Google Drive, Slack, Zoom, Expensify, Clockify
- High school diploma, college degree preferred
Fervo Energy has principal offices in Houston and San Francisco; Remote work will be considered through the end of 2021, but relocation to a Fervo office will ultimately be required.
About Fervo Energy
Fervo Energy commercializes technology to own, develop, and operate geothermal assets as the dispatchable foundation to a 100% clean energy future. As a 24/7, reliable clean energy resource, geothermal energy has a major role to play in the future electric grid and Fervo Energy’s key innovations bring a full suite of modern technology to make geothermal cost competitive. Fervo’s innovations include technologies such as advanced computational models, horizontal drilling, and distributed fiber optic sensing that we have developed with partners including Schlumberger, ARPA-E, and the Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. Fervo is supported through Cyclotron Road, the Department of Energy, Stanford University, and Breakthrough Energy Ventures.
Please submit a brief cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fervo Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sex, genetic information, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.