Business Development Director
Business Development Director | Scale Microgrid Solutions | East Coast
Headquarters: 45 N Broad Street, Ridgewood, NJ, 07450 www.scalemicrogrid.com
Regional Offices: NYC Los Angeles Boston San Francisco Denver
About Scale Microgrid Solutions
Scale Microgrid Solutions (SMS) designs, builds, operates, and finances the world’s most innovative distributed clean energy solutions. We’re leading, advancing, and enabling the shift to a decentralized energy future by providing our customers with a sustainable, cost-effective, and resilient present.
Our proprietary microgrid modules enable their customers to reap the benefits of the world’s most innovative distributed energy technologies while eliminating the anxieties associated with the traditional microgrid development process. In the near-term, we are focused on growing our Rapid Response Modular Microgrid (“R2M2”) offering, a technology that was originally developed and deployed to help California businesses deal with the growing threat of wildfires and public safety power shutoffs, and which now has a growing customer base across the U.S.
We are a fast-growing organization transitioning from a startup to a high growth global enterprise. We recently received a $300MM equity commitment from Warburg Pincus, a global private equity firm focused on growth investing, to fund SMS’ business plans and accelerate growth. To help drive our growth plans, we are looking for a Business Development leader to lead all BD activities on the East Coast for our business. This position will report to our Chief Operating Officer.
To learn more about Scale Microgrid Solutions, please visit https://scalemicrogridsolutions.com/.
About Warburg Pincus
Warburg Pincus is a leading global private equity firm with nearly $60 billion in assets under management (AUM). Its active portfolio of more than 180 companies around the globe is highly diversified by stage, sector and geography.
Warburg Pincus is a growth investor and an experienced partner to management teams seeking to build durable companies with sustainable value. Founded in 1966, Warburg Pincus has raised 14 private equity funds that have invested more than $80 billion in over 800 companies across more than 40 countries around the world. The firm is headquartered in New York and has offices in Beijing, Berlin, Hong Kong, Houston, London, Mumbai, San Francisco, São Paulo, Shanghai and Singapore, with administrative offices in Amsterdam, Luxembourg and Mauritius.
To learn more about Warburg Pincus, please visit https://www.warburgpincus.com/.
We are seeking a highly experienced business development veteran to serve as SMS’s East Coast business development leader. Responsibilities will include:
- Leading microgrid business development efforts for SMS on the East Coast (and potentially North America), including scaling sales of our R2M2 in the region.
- Setting, meeting, and exceeding sales targets for him/herself, as well as any future team
- Forming new, and nurturing existing, strategic and channel partnership relationships to expand sales reach
- Designing scalable strategies to grow revenue across the East Coast (and North America)
- Planning a team growth strategy with a goal towards building and managing a team of business development managers to achieve growth targets
- Tracking market changes and competitor activities to stay ahead of trends
- Pursuing complex, high visibility accounts and developing high value relationships with them
- Working closely with leadership and other business development leaders to develop a network growth plan
- Partnering with technical resources, legal teams, and leadership to structure contracts
- Actively managing a pipeline of short-term prospects while keeping warm relationships that have long-term value
- Working with the broader business development team to implement best practices, KPIs, and origination channels across the country
The Ideal Candidate
This is a great opportunity to have a long-term impact on a growing business. For you to be successful in the role, you should have:
- A track record in of meeting and exceeding sales targets
- A passion for solution sales and history of selling to the C-level
- Demonstrated experience developing successful business development strategies in an autonomous environment
- The ability to manage ambiguity and relay complex concepts in a simplified manner
- The ability to understand the high-level technical aspects of our product
We help you and your family stay healthy with extensive medical benefit options and coverage.
Our time off policy encourages employees to replenish their energy when they need it.
We offer a competitive compensation package and 401k matching.
- Strong relationship-building skills and ability to interpret customer goals and align sales with customer objectives and approval processes
- Excellent presentation skills
- Sound decision-making skills with the ability to balance both short-term and long-term needs
- 5+ years of business development experience in the energy industry preferred
- 3+ years of business development management preferred
- A Bachelor’s degree with 15+ years of overall work experience
How to Apply
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.