Sales & Business Development Associate
Sales & Business Development Associate | SPAN | San Francisco
In this role, you will:
- Own the sales funnel for solar and storage installation professionals – from finding the right contacts at conferences and trade shows, all the way through the sales cycle to negotiation of contracts and ensuring successful order volume.
- Build trusted, lasting partnerships with CEOs and founders of solar companies and high-end home builders.
- Build a pipeline through both inbound and outbound contact with customers – we’ve had hundreds of installers reach out to us, and this role will also entail creating new contact with small and medium businesses.
- Represent Span at events and in discussions with partners.
- Onboard signed customers to Span; ensure that each person across customer organizations understands Span’s products and integrates capabilities into their work.
As we are a startup, this list should be considered neither exhaustive nor complete. We are excited for people to explore responsibilities outside their normal areas of expertise if the need or interest arises.
- Negotiate a Master Services Agreement with a high-quality California solar installer
- Engage partners and their sales teams to support demand and purchase order volume
- Run the first meeting with a partner’s solar sales team, completely owning the content, organization, and outcomes of the meeting
- Attend a trade show with our Span Tiny Home mobile demonstration unit, meeting installers and customers, answering questions, and determining if Span is right for them
About YouRequired Qualifications
We are seeking an enthusiastic, organized business development professional with:
- 3-5+ years of B2B sales experience as a hunter working with SMB (Small & Medium Business)
- Undergraduate degree in business, engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Track record and examples of quickly building trust with customers of all backgrounds.
- Ability to get things done in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Past experience with selling hardware or software, quickly coming up to speed on technical details of how a product works and explaining it to external audiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact across a range of media, from text to phone to Slack, and most importantly in person.
- Availability to travel domestically up to 5-10 days per month.
- Hunger to learn and grow with our company and team, getting in early as part of a rapidly growing startup.
- Positive mindset and attitude, and a passion for rapidly scaling residential renewable energy.
- Understanding of solar and storage industry, hardware, software and installation businesses
- Existing trusted relationships in the new home builder and / or solar installation space, multiple years’ hardware sales experience
- Experience in HubSpot or other CRM/marketing automation tools
Life at SpanSpan is a startup based in the SOMA neighborhood of San Francisco. We are a small, diverse team of creative thinkers. We value open communication, teamwork, and a make-it-happen attitude – no job is too big or too small. We strive to make change by imagining what the future could be and building a product to complete that vision. We are looking to grow our team with talented people who are on the same mission to shape the future of energy.
Impacting the future as a small, agile team means putting in a lot of hard work and elbow grease so we work to make sure you are happy, healthy, and you look forward to coming to work. Working at Span, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation at a well-funded venture-backed company
- Comprehensive benefits including a choice of medical plans: dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- A sunny, airy office located close to BART and Caltrain
- Regular team lunches, brown bag learning opportunities, board games nights, and other opportunities to connect with our awesome team – in-person and now virtually
- Generous equity grants at a quickly-growing startup
- Flexible hours and vacation time – we simultaneously work hard and make space for the important stuff
- To be a part of a team and culture that is hard-working, has a good sense of humor, works collaboratively, and is just a little nerdy
Span embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.