Software Engineer – Simulations and Modeling
Stable Auto, San Francisco, CA
Kind: Kindness is one of our core values, we value team members who are thoughtful and empathetic
Motivated by a challenge: you like taking on hard problems and figuring out creative solutions; you’re not afraid of something just because you don’t know how to do it yet.
Creative: solving hard problems requires a healthy dose of creativity, you like to think about new ways to solve things and like to find innovative new solutions.
Naturally curious: You’re naturally curious and like digging into new problems or learning about new things
Growth oriented: you thrive on challenge and see failure as a springboard for growth and for stretching our existing businesses
Strategic and Analytical: able to analyze, learn, and understand situations quickly and focus on the activities that matter the most
Fast to learn and improve: as we’re still early in our company’s evolution, we work in a hypothesis-driven manner with rapid iteration to figure out what works without fear of failing frequently
A strong communicator and influencer: you enjoy working across a diverse team of colleagues and have the ability to get others excited about your initiatives
Ready for a startup: you’re excited about working in fast paced, early stage startup environment
- You have 2+ years of experience in data science, machine learning, or analytics.
- 1+ years of experience designing, building, and deploying software in a production environment
- You have a Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field.
- You have experience building mathematical models and simulations and in converting them into algorithms and tools used in an applied predictive context
- Experience in visualizing data sets and geospatial data.
- Bonus: Prior experience in transportation, logistics, urban systems, electrical grids, or other related domains that take care of large spatial datasets.
In this role you will
- Develop our siting and logistics tool that identifies the optimal place of our charging stations
- Become an expert on transportation logistics, and develop in-depth knowledge of electrical grids, battery dynamics, sustainable energies, and autonomous movement.
- Drive the mathematical modeling of a massive fleet charging network.
- Craft visualizations of data and elegant ways of communicating complex interactions in simple terms.
- Work with national and local representatives, utilities providers, vehicle OEMs, and urban planners to gather critical resources and data.