Software Engineer – Platform and Infrastructure
Stable Auto, San Francisco, CA
Stable is an early-stage, venture-backed company building the next generation of charging infrastructure for electric vehicle fleets. Urban charging infrastructure is a critical and underserved area necessary to make electric and autonomous vehicles a reality — we’re working to fix that. Our founding team is a diverse group of former MIT scientists, Googlers and charging experts with backgrounds in robotics, optimization, and machine learning.
Our investors include Qasar Younis (former COO at Y Combinator), Kent Goldman (Upside VC), Habib Hadad/Calvin Chin (MIT’s E14 fund), Reilly Brennan (Trucks.vc), Scott Belsky (Founder of Behance), Sunil Paul (Founder of Sidecar), and more.
About the role:
We are looking for a critical team member to help us build the next generation of electric vehicle charging infrastructure. You will help us navigate the complex challenges of building and managing the technology infrastructure at scale necessary to serve a large number of electric and autonomous vehicle fleets. You are a software engineer but your role will have broad responsibilities and you will be expected to tackle large and varied problems to help us scale our business. Your core responsibility will be designing and managing the backend infrastructure necessary to support our charging infrastructure. Examples of what this could include are robot development and deployment, billing, demand management, site selection, and fleet integration. This will be a role with broad responsibilities to develop and deploy the infrastructure necessary to support our business with a high degree of latitude and corresponding expectations.
- Kind: Kindness is one of our core values, we value team members who are thoughtful and empathetic
- Motivated by a challenge: you like taking on hard problems and figuring out creative solutions; you’re not afraid of something just because you don’t know how to do it yet.
- Creative: solving hard problems requires a healthy dose of creativity, you like to think about new ways to solve things and like to find innovative new solutions
- Growth Oriented: thrive on challenge and see failure as a springboard for growth and for stretching our existing businesses
- Strategic and Analytical: able to analyze, learn, and understand situations quickly and focus on the activities that matter the most
- Fast to learn and improve: as we’re still early in our company’s evolution t, we work in a hypothesis-driven manner with rapid iteration to figure out what works without fear of failing frequently
- A strong communicator and influencer: you enjoy working across a diverse team of colleagues and have the ability to get others excited about your initiatives
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, or in a related field
- 2+ years of experience designing, building, and deploying software in a production environment
- Strong software design skills – You are able to reason about the impact of your design choices and are able to prescribe robust end-user behaviour
- Have experience designing and building back-end infrastructure (e.g. distributed systems, database management, server side architecture)
- Are able to make sense of nebulous problems, develop innovative solutions, and communicate those solutions in ways that are easy for others to understand
- Naturally curious and excited to tackle really hard problems
- Excited to work in a fast-paced, early stage startup environment
In this role you will:
- Own and architect critical pieces of our software infrastructure, solving critical challenges that go with deploying electric charging infrastructure at scale
- Tackle complex problems and distill them into simple and scalable solutions
- Design and implement critical background services that will run on our robots and charging stations
- Develop and implement infrastructure to manage our charging stations (e.g. billing, demand management, fleet integration)
- Build out robust testing and release infrastructure and processes
Does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to hear from you. Click Here to Apply
Our goal is to build an inclusive working environment where all people feel equally valued and respected. Whatever your gender identity, religion, ethnicity, age, nationality, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, socio-economic standing, disability status, or anything else that makes you special – we value it! We are an equal opportunity employer, and we’d love to see what you might add to our team.