Software Engineer – Generalist
Stable is an early-stage, venture-backed company building the next generation of charging infrastructure for electric vehicle fleets. Urban charging infrastructure is a critical and underserved area necessary to make electric and autonomous vehicles a reality — we’re working to fix that. Our founding team is a diverse group of former MIT scientists, Googlers and charging experts with backgrounds in robotics, optimization, and machine learning.
Our investors include Qasar Younis (former COO at Y Combinator), Kent Goldman (Upside VC), Habib Hadad/Calvin Chin (MIT’s E14 fund), Reilly Brennan (Trucks.vc), Scott Belsky (Founder of Behance), Sunil Paul (Founder of Sidecar), and more.
Stable Auto, San Francisco, CA
About the role:
We are looking for a generalist software engineer to help build an autonomous robotic charger and develop supporting cloud infrastructure.
You should understand how to build simple, robust, and well-tested software in a quickly-changing environment. You’ll have the opportunity to work directly with senior engineers on all areas within our company.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, in a related field, or have equivalent experience in software engineering roles
- 1+ years of experience designing, building, and deploying software in a production environment
- Independent do-er who prioritizes execution and also knows when to ask for help
- Able to make sense of nebulous problems and work with your team to iterate on and improve your ideas
- A quick learner; you pick up new technologies and languages as needed to handle the problem at hand
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment at an early stage startup
In this role you will:
- Refine our perception and controls software to improve robot reliability and ensure that our robots can safely recover from failure states.
- Build out robust testing infrastructure to ensure that our charging robots can reliably plug in cars in a wide array of environmental conditions.
- Develop our data analysis pipeline to determine optimal geographic placement of our charging infrastructure
Other useful skills and experience:
- Experience building software for hardware (controls, path planning, computer vision, or sensing)
Does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to hear from you. Click Here to Apply
Our goal is to build an inclusive working environment where all people feel equally valued and respected. Whatever your gender identity, religion, ethnicity, age, nationality, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, socio-economic standing, disability status, or anything else that makes you special – we value it! We are an equal opportunity employer, and we’d love to see what you might add to our team.