Metrus Energy, San Francisco, CA
Are you ready to start the new decade with a new career? Are you passionate about doing your part to help reduce emissions and enhance corporate sustainability? And can you sell it? Metrus Energy is seeking a Sales Director who is excited about Metrus’ value proposition and is ready to independently build their own book of business. A strategic, critical thinker and master of sales, the Sales Director will generate sales of new energy and water efficiency projects and help drive the growth of Metrus’ project pipeline through targeted direct sales to multi-site industrial, commercial, institutional, and public sector customers.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is able to tap into their expertise in a particular vertical (i.e., health care, public sector, F500) and engage key partners from day one. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of exceeding sales targets in the energy efficiency, renew-able energy, facilities management, retail energy or other relevant industries.
Diversity is important to Metrus and we encourage all to apply.
The position can be based in San Francisco, CA or in another strategic, market-based location including the East Coast.
Duties and Responsibilities
The individual’s responsibilities will include:
- Achieve or exceed annual revenue target
- Actively generating new business and sales opportunities
- Developing and closing energy and water efficiency deals via direct outreach to end customers
- Expanding the base of channel partner relationships with ESCOs, contractors, utilities and other new promising channels
- Developing and presenting project cash flow analyses to customers and channel partners
- Implementing go-to-market strategies that efficiently allocate resources to best accelerate the pipeline and execution of profitable projects
- Identifying new business practices and capabilities that allow Metrus to accelerate pipeline growth, project closings, and project profitability
- Preparing and presenting project proposals that articulate Metrus’ value proposition to all levels of customer and channel partner organizations, including executive/board-level professionals
Experience and Qualifications
The individual’s qualifications are expected to include a proven track record of selling complex products and exceeding sales targets. A demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships with channel partners, direct customers and other key market participants is a must. The successful individual will also need to demonstrate:
- Expertise in a particular vertical, i.e., health care, public sector, F500
- Ability and desire to independently build your own book of business
- Deep understanding of energy-related policies, procurement laws and regulations in the geography you wish to focus on
- Exceptional communication, writing and customer service skills and experience
- Problem solver who can accurately assess, solve, implement, and communicate solutions
- Ability to powerfully present to executive-level professionals
- Experience selling energy products to commercial and industrial customers is highly desired
- Strong quantitative reasoning skills and excellent critical thinking
- Experience in developing and operating excel based project investment models
Further, the candidate will need to be a self-starter who can thrive in a start-up and consistently meet deadlines. The candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree and have a minimum of 7 years of ex-perience in business development and/or sales.
Salary and Benefits
Salary for qualified candidates will be commensurate with their experience. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, stock option grants, 401k plan, an unlimited paid time off policy and an annual professional development stipend.
Please submit a resume when applying for this job posting.
Metrus Energy (www.metrusenergy.com) is a full-service specialty finance company, providing project development and financing services for energy efficiency, water efficiency, energy storage, electric vehicle charging infrastructure, cogeneration and solar projects at commercial, industrial and institutional facilities. Through its comprehensive range of financing solutions, Metrus enables facilities to achieve immediate operational and environmental benefits from impactful efficiency measures without the capital expense. Metrus enables customers to treat energy and water efficiency as resources that improve their bottom line and enhance corporate sustainability. Metrus is a well-established efficiency financing leader and is the creator of the Efficiency Services Agreement (ESA) structure that has been utilized to finance numerous large-scale efficiency-as-a-service retrofit projects in the United States. Metrus was selected as a key financial partner under the U.S. Department of Energy and White House’s Better Buildings Challenge (BBC) program. Metrus is a member of the Alliance to Save Energy and Women in Cleantech and Sustainability.