Data Science and Forecasting Intern
EDF Innovation Lab, Los Altos, CA
Job Title: Data Science and Forecasting Intern
Department: R&D Innovation Lab
Supervisor: Katie Lee, eMobility Lead
This 3-month temporary position is located in sunny Los Altos, CA.
EDF Innovation Lab (EDF IL)’s mission is twofold: first, to explore, analyze and research trends and disruptive technologies for EDF Group in North America, leveraging the innovation of Silicon Valley and building local partnerships; and second, to develop and test new markets, innovative businesses and services, to support EDF Group’s growth in decentralized, data-driven and low-carbon energy sectors.
A focus in the Lab is on new businesses around Electric Mobility. This topic includes research on electric vehicles, smart charging, autonomous vehicles, and micromobility, to name a few. This role would be working with on further developing an exciting smart charging algorithm/system, to incorporate demand-side forecasting. The position will be part of the EDF Innovation Lab and will participate in collaborative projects on behalf of EDF R&D in France as well as for EDF’s business units in the US. This will be an exciting role for someone with strong technical and data forecasting capabilities and interests in innovation in the eMobility and Energy Industry. The analyst will be a part of the EDF IL team and will have easy access to all of the Lab resources including people to support her/his work.
- Process large amounts of data and develop a forecasting algorithm
- Conduct literature review to benchmarking that forecasting algorithm against others
- Expertise in data forecasting algorithms
- Ability to structure and deliver analyses with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (strong English skills required)
Education and Experience:
- Pursuing an advanced graduate degree (MS or PhD) in computer science, engineering, or other relevant technical background
- Interest or expertise in the energy or eMobility industry preferred (e.g. electric utilities, energy markets, power systems)
- May perform other duties assigned
How to Apply:
- Send a Resume/CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com