WCS Event, Marketing and Membership Coordinator
Virtual position, managed on UpWork
The Board of WCS is seeking a virtual team member to sync decisions made by the Board with the tasks carried out by its various committees; Events and Marketing, Membership, Finance, Career Development, Executive Committee, and various sub-committees.
This role takes direction from the Board and reports directly to the Chairwoman and Vice-Chairwoman, working closely with each Committee Chair. It will require professional presence to interact with the board members, partners and members with concise and proficient execution. Passion, patience, tact, organization, discipline, good communication and motivation to complete tasks independently are essential skills for the successful candidate. The board is seeking someone detail-oriented with highly accurate grammar and spelling proofing skills. All tasks have been systematized with process documents to assist you in performing these duties.
This position is on a contract basis and the incumbent is responsible for payment of state and federal taxes as well as other required deductions. Work is performed remote and will not be required to come into an office.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
Events Committee Support
- Order food for events weeks prior to events and coordinate with Events and Career Development
- Maintain the list of event venues
- Keep the Event Tracker and send reminders for due dates
- Receive Event Brief from Event Lead and create social media posts, Eventbrite events, Coordinate, with the Events Committee Chair, the development, and execution of events
- Including event idea creation, ordering food, helping maintain a list of venues,
- Management of speaker selection with support from the board and committee co-chairs
- Promotion of the event and troubleshooting low attendance, and management of events on-site.
Marketing Committee Support
- Manage or execute social media activities, the updating of website and event sign up pages with administrator
- Ideation and manage the development of marketing collateral (pitch decks, one-pagers, pivot tables, graphics)
Coordinate with various design, IT, and social media contractors for project deliverables
- Social media graphics creation for events and speakers using Canva
Membership Committee Support
- Onboard of new members with administrator
- Offer ideas to drive and build membership value and strengthen the overall WCS network
- Develop and manage email newsletter content and strategy with administrator
- Maintain (or manage the maintenance of) the jobs board content and social media promotion for corporate members
Other committee support as assigned
Software and web platforms used in this position include Canva, Eventbrite, Facebook, Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar) Hootsuite, Instagram, LinkedIn, Meetup, Slack, TeamWork PM, Twitter, UpWork, WordPress, etc.