Memphis Meats : Operations Associate
This position is located in Berkeley, California.
About Memphis Meats
At the forefront of farming and food, Memphis Meats is innovating new ways to produce real meat, without the need to breed, feed and slaughter animals. Our process begins with an animal cell, which is cultivated and harvested as meat. Memphis Meats is a mission-driven company focused on bringing to meat lovers an authentic product that is truly humane, sustainably produced, nutritious and delicious! We are now expanding our team of dedicated professionals across disciplines to make better meat for a better world.
About this Job
The Operations Associate to work cross-functionally with our operations and science teams in pursuit of our mission to produce world-class meat products. They will assist in running day-to-day operations, streamline office and lab processes, and serve as a first point of contact for many inquiries from across the team. An ideal candidate for this position would have at least 2 years of professional services or administrative experience, sincerely enjoys customer service and going the extra mile to help others, and has demonstrated success working in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving team.
- Provide administrative and operational support to ensure Memphis Meats runs smoothly
- Oversee upkeep of space, maintenance of shared equipment, placing work orders
- Manage key facility relationships
- Approve orders, generate POs, purchase office and lab supplies
- Coordinate visitors and guests
- Receive and process packages and deliveries; collect and distribute mail
- Oversee organization and retention of files
- Support Accounting with ongoing and month-end closing workflows
- Support People Ops with hiring and onboarding
- 4+ years of professional work experience, including 2+ years in a relevant operational support role
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage competing priorities and drive toward deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of interpersonal maturity, poise, and professionalism
- Strong service mentality and customer support orientation
- Team player who demonstrates a positive attitude, enthusiasm, entrepreneurial spirit, desire for collaboration, and sense of humor
- Comfortable with evolving responsibilities and flexibility to adapt within a developing company
Memphis Meats is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.