AutoGrid Systems : Global Account Director
Full Time, in Redwood City, California.
WCS Corporate Member, AutoGrid, builds software applications that enable a smarter distributed energy world.
At AutoGrid, you will join a team helping to accelerate the world’s transition to a clean, affordable and reliable energy system. We’re a growing and award-winning clean-technology company driving the fundamental transformation of the electrical grid into a distributed, decarbonized and digitized network of connected assets. You will collaborate with a team of world-class software, data and energy experts working at the forefront of advanced data science, artificial intelligence, machine learning and high-performance computing. With more than 5000 megawatts of flexible capacity under contract with energy companies around the globe, our solutions give you an opportunity to make a real-world impact. If you are passionate about using technology to improve society and love a fun, fast-paced work culture with opportunities for continuous learning and advancement, you will love AutoGrid.
AutoGrid is seeking a Global Account Director to the specific skillset and experience to effectively manage the strategic relationship with a highly strategic worldwide partner. The Global Account Director will work with members of the core AutoGrid sales, strategy, architecture and delivery teams to drive several discrete workstreams, working directly with the partner’s highly experienced global teams. The role will include the identification of new use cases based on market data and shared AutoGrid and partner strengths, the management of end client pipeline by liaison with partner sales management, the operation and measurement of engagement effectiveness, and the matrix management of sales and sales support working with the partner’s teams. The result will be the driving of both repeatable revenue growth and long term partner and end client satisfaction.
The GAD will own responsibility for achieving stated revenue, profitability and customer satisfaction goals and will execute this mission by liaising effectively with several discrete teams within the partner’s global ecosystem.
The right candidate will bring to this position: a deep knowledge of the structure and workings of deregulated and regulated electricity markets, especially in the US, but also with an awareness of market opportunities and challenges in Europe and Asia too. The GAD will display an affinity for our partner’s culture and longer term evolving business goals, experience in leading cross functional matrixed teams to achieve successful strategic growth, a proven customer delivery record and focus, new solution development experience and ability to quickly comprehend new business challenges, ability to develop senior level relationships, a drive to innovate, developed skills in leadership by influence, and an ability to negotiate large contracts.
- Develop a global account strategy as well as program level strategies to achieve the stated revenue and margin goals
- Develop a marketing and sales strategy to grow AutoGrid’s presence within the partner’s solution model;
- Maintain, identify and grow key partner contact relationships, particularly at the most senior operational levels;
- Become the clear “go to” individual for the partner’s organization to leverage to develop and execute their strategies in co-operation with AutoGrid in new and existing markets and propositions.
- Develop regular and transparent internal and external review structures to ensure that staff and client work in a harmonious manner to ensure that ongoing customer satisfaction is achieved.
- 10+ years track record in managing single strategic clients, (5 of which have involved clients within the energy sector) to achieve substantial growth and increased value for all stakeholders;
- 5+ years experience of selling complex, high value, SaaS model software engagements;
- 5+ years engagement in the energy supply chain, with demonstrable understanding of business issues, challenges and solutions relevant to both regulated and deregulated players.
- Recent exposure to, and a genuine interest in the transformation of the grid, particularly in relation to the implementation of DER and the importance of this evolution now, and in the future.
- Specific understanding of the business drivers and economic rationale involved in large scale energy sector implementations, particularly those involving DERMS/DER and/or microgrid solutions.
- Current, mature and effective senior level contacts and history within the partner, creating the necessary authority to assume the role of “valued advisor” with the partner’s teams.
- A highly commercially and financially literate individual, with demonstrable experience of developing and articulating complex, multi variable business cases.
- Clear experience of contributing to success in a fast moving, rapidly evolving and highly agile commercial organization.
To Apply & Learn More: Click Here: https://autogrid.applytojob.com/apply/jobs/details/W1cXG9RBcX