Metrus Energy: Project Development Manager
Location: San Francisco, CA or in another strategic, market-based location.
Duties & Responsibilities
The individual’s responsibilities will include:
- Actively generating new business and sales opportunities
- Developing and closing energy and water efficiency deals
- Expanding the base of channel partner relationships with Energy Service Companies (ESCOs), contractors, utilities, and other promising new channels
- Developing and presenting project cash flow analyses to customers and channel partners
- Implementing go-to-market strategies that efficiently allocate resources to best accelerate the pipeline and execution of profitable projects
- Preparing and presenting project proposals that articulate Metrus’ value proposition to all levels of customer and channel partner organizations, including executive/board-level professionals
Experience & Qualifications
Qualifications include a proven track record of selling complex products and exceeding sales targets. A demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships with channel partners, customers, and other key market participants is a must. The successful individual will also need to demonstrate:
- Exceptional communication, writing, and customer service skills and experience
- Ability to accurately assess and solve problems and implement solutions
- Ability to powerfully present to executive-level professionals
- Experience selling energy products to commercial and industrial or public sector customers is highly desired
- Strong quantitative reasoning skills and excellent critical thinking
- Experience in developing and operating Excel-based project investment models
Further, the candidate will need to be a self-starter who can thrive in a startup and consistently meet deadlines. A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience in sales or business development are required.
Salary and Benefits
Salary for qualified candidates will be commensurate with their experience and will include a highly competitive incentive plan for annual project closings. Benefits include medical, dental, vision and paid vacation.
To Apply: Click Here: https://www.metrusenergy.com/careers
Metrus Energy is a full-service specialty finance company, providing project development and financing services for energy and water efficiency retrofit projects at commercial, industrial and institutional facilities. Through its comprehensive range of financing solutions, Metrus pays for all upfront and ongoing project costs, providing facilities with the immediate operational and environmental benefits of impactful efficiency measures without the capital expense. Metrus enables customers to treat energy and water efficiency as resources that improve their bottom line and enhance corporate sustainability. Metrus is a well-established efficiency financing leader and is the creator of the Efficiency Services Agreement (ESA) structure that has been utilized to finance numerous large-scale efficiency-as-a-service retrofit projects in the United States. Metrus’ ESA is analogous to power purchase agreements (PPAs) which have been utilized by major facilities to finance and implement renewable energy projects. Metrus was also selected as a key financial partner under the U.S. Department of Energy and White House’s Better Buildings Challenge (BBC) program.